thirty one.

'every day just gets worse mrs Lewis' i sobbed sat beside the hospital bed that my practically almost dead boyfriend lays in.

'just keep praying' she wiped her tears.

although i wasn't religious i somehow felt like praying was the only option. Crazy what love can make you do i suppose. I've prayed constantly almost every day for the past 3 weeks. I was let out of hospital and have been staying with the lewis's. Harry's friends have flown out to Guernsey to come and see him but none of them could bring themselves to step foot in that room which, i don't blame them one bit. He looks absolutely awful, like there's no life left in him at all.

'oh bog' ethan spoke in utter shock as he stood in the door way.
i looked back at him.

'ethan..you didn't have to come' i spoke

'i know..but i wanted to, i need to know that he will be fine. Even if that means waiting here for the next 4 years.' he chuckled softly

i smiled at his comment
'you're such a good friend, he's so lucky' i walked over to him slowly and held open my arms, he accepted the gesture.

'when did you get here?' i asked him
'yesterday..i couldn't bring myself to come here straight away, i'm sorry' he apologised.

'hey..it's not your fault i honestly don't blame you..i mean he just looks so, lifeless' i looked over at his pale, bruised and cut skin.

'come on let's go get a coffee' mrs lewis said to mr lewis and josh.

i sat down on the chair closest to harry and took hold of his hand.

'i'm not ready for him to go yet ethan' i whispered

'don't think any of us ever will be mate' he sighed and sat beside me.

*10 days later*
3:45pm
i'm so exhausted, i've barely slept these last few weeks. I'm scared i'll miss something, like him waking up or even...yeah.

i yawned, trying to keep my eyes open i scroll through twitter.

'why don't you go get some sleep' Josh said, i shook my head in response.

'look, i'll come get you if anything happens' he basically pleaded for me to just sleep.

'fine, but only if you promise'

'promise'

i looked at him and smiled slightly
'thank you. My phone is on loud' he nodded in response.

10:10pm
i jumped up from my seat and rushed over to my phone that was charging on the other side of the room.

'josh?!'
'is everything okay?!' i panicked

'just get to the hospital asap' he said and hung up.
great that could mean absolutely anything. For god sake josh.
i looked in the mirror and sighed, look at the state of me i look even more dead than..too soon actually.

i frantically ran around the apartment looking for some fresh clothes, then booked an uber whilst i finished getting ready.

~your uber is outside~

running out the door i locked the apartment behind me and jumped straight to the uber.

11:11pm

'Hi i'm here to see uhm Harry Lewis' i said trying to catch my breath.

'just up there to your right' she smiled, i gave her a puzzled look. He's been moved to a different room and why is she smiling at me. Is that a sympathetic smile or a genuine happy smile. Shut up chloe you're overthinking.

i sped walked towards the room and just before opening the door i took a deep breath.

'chloe!' josh dragged me into the room and before i knew it i was looking at a barely awake but awake harry. My eyes filled up immediately.

i ran over to him and kissed him..took him a second but he kissed back stronger than i'd expected.

'welcome back haz' i smiled whilst holding onto his face gently.

he chuckled
'was i really gone that long?' he smirked

'do you remember anything' i asked he shrugged

'the last thing i remember was grabbing onto you' he smiled softly

'i'm gonna go grab a coffee do you want anything?' i got up slowly holding onto my ribs.

he stopped me and lifted up my top
'chlo..are you sure that's not serious because it looks pretty damn serious to me' he placed his hand over the bruise.

'harry i promise i'm fine..besides your in no way to tell me how to look after myself when you look like that' i laughed.

' i hate you' he mumbled and smiled sarcastically.

that's the harry i know. I just can't wait to go home and get back to normal.