twenty five

' i feel so guilty chlo' he sighed

'don't feel guilty, nobody expected this how were you supposed to know either?' i replied as we both stood within each others arms.
harry finally opened up and said that his great aunt had died from cancer a few hours ago. He said he didn't want to mention anything because it's my birthday party.

'i wish i had spent as much time as possible with her, instead of being here in london when i knew she wasn't going to make it' he said

'harry you didn't know she wasn't going to make it, i know deep down you hoped she would fight and beat cancer.'

'we used to be so close when i was younger, i would literally do everything with her.. she even supported and helped me get started with youtube..she helped me move out here to london even when she didn't have too, i'm just going to miss her so fucking much' he sniffled. I looked up at him and wiped his tears away.
we sat in a comfortable silence.
i felt extremely sad for him, i just wanted him to be happy but i know he will always feel guilty about this, he shouldn't feel guilt at all but grief causes people to feel all sorts of emotions.

*buzz buzz*
i looked down at his phone 'mum'
he sighed and looked at me.

'i'll be in my room if you need me' i smiled softly and headed out of the living room.

'hey mum' he sniffled.

i stood in the door way quietly, listening.

'mum i just feel so guilty, i should have been with you all in guernsey' he began blubbering

i felt my eyes burning, filling up with tears.
i headed to my room.
pulling out my phone i messaged josh.

'i feel so helpless josh, what can i do to help him feel better' i spoke quietly over the phone.

'there's not a lot you can do apart from comfort him, be his shoulder to cry on and be his listener' he replied

'surely there is more of a gesture that could help..no?'

'book him a flight to guernsey, that's what you can do!' he responded, sounding proud of himself.

'that's a great idea! thank you so much josh' i hung up the phone to excited to book him a flight.