05 - Just Do Your Best, Iida!

~~~

         We were barely a week into the school year and there was already trouble. A group of news reporters asking about All Might working at U.A. high.

"Hey, you two!" The lady called out pointing the mic towards Deku and Izumi. "How are All mights classes?"

"There annoying, if I have to hear him say the word 'I'm coming through the door like a normal person' I'm personally gonna throw hands with him" Izumi thought.

"Uh, excuse me, I have to go to the nurse office!" Deku replied as he grabbed Izumi's hand and ran.

Who would have though All Might working here would cause such ruckus. Everyone knew about. Yes, everyone.

~~~

           "Good work on yesterday's combat training." Aizawa said. "I saw the video and results. Bakugo, you're talented, so don't act like a kid."

"I know".

"Ryuzu, next time take it a little bit more serious."

"......" Izumi was taking it seriously enough.

"And Midoriya. You settled it by breaking your arm again, huh? You can't keep saying you can't help it because you can't control your Quirk. I don't like saying the same thing over and over. As long as you fix the control issue, there's a lot you'll be able to do." Aizawa said, "Feel a sense of urgency, Midoriya."

"Yes, sir!"

"Now let's get down to homeroom business. Sorry about the late notice, but today, I'll have you...decided on a class representative."

"I want to be class rep! Pick me!" Kirishima yelled.

"Me too." Denki said.

"I want to do it, too." Jirou said.

"It's a job made for m—" Aoyama didn't get to finish as he was cut off by Mina saying she wanted to be the leader. It wasn't long before everyone in the class started yelling about wanting to become the class rep.

"Silence, please!" Iida yelled, "It's a job with serious responsibility of leading others. It's not a job for just anyone who wants to do it. It is a calling that requires the trust of those around you. If we want to us democracy to decide on a true leader, then we should hold an election to choose one."

"Why did you suggest that?" Denki asked.

"We haven't known each other for that long, so how can we have trust or anything?" Tsuyu asked.

"If that's the case, and everyone votes for themselves..." Kirishima started.

"Don't you think that is precisely why whoever receives multiple votes here can truly consider the most suitable person?" Iida asked. "What do you think, Aizawa-sensei?"

"I don't care, as long as you decide before homeroom is over." He replied, before going to sleep.

"Thank you every much!"

In the end of the selection, Momo was voted as the Vice President and Deku as the President.

"I got three points?! He yelled.

"Why Deku? Who voted for him?!" Bakugo yelled.

"It's better than voting for you." Sero said.

Agreed.

"Then, the class rep is Midoriya, and the deputy class rep will be Yaoyorozu." Aizawa said.

"S-S-Seriously? Seriously?" Deku asked.