15 - Shoto Todoroki: Origin

~~~

          The fated match between Deku and Todoroki has finally arrived. Izumi can feel goosebumps going down her spine.

The crowed cheered as the two stood on stage waiting for the fight to begin.

The moment they were given permission to start the fight, Todoroki leads it with an ice attack sent towards Deku who counters it with Delaware Smach, breaking his finger in the process.  Todoroki quickly creates a puller of ice behind him to prevent himself from being pushed out of bounds duo to the wind pressure from Deku's counter attack.

"It completely shattered....." Izumi muttered, to herself, if she was to fight against Deku her chances of winning would be high because of her dodging skills. But if she got hit by one of those smash's it would be a different problem.

"Wow! Midoriya stopped Todoroki's attack!"

      ~~~

         Deku is forced to damage his second finger as he stopped Todoroki's next attack.  Todoroki's sends another ice attack towards Deku who stopped it leaving him down to 5 fingers left.

"It started?!" Kirishima said as he made his way towards the stands.

"Kirishima, good job making it to the second round." Sero said.

"Yeah, I'll be up against you next, Bakugo. Let's have a good fight!" He said.

"I'll kill you."

"I'd like to see you try!" He said before sarcastically compliments Bakugo and Todoroki for having techniques that could blast through the whole stadium.

"I'm not shooting them off. Don't underestimate 'em." Bakugo said. "If you overuse your muscles the muscles fibers tear, and if you keep running you'll run out of breath."

"That's right, everyone has a limit on how much they can use there Quirks before it started backfiring on them, especially those with quirk like ice and fire. Using to much can leave you with either 3rd degree burns or maybe even frostbite." Izumi continued.

"That's right. Quirks are physical abilities, too. So there bound to have some kind of limit on them." Bakugo finished.

Todoroki's assault continues which forces Deku to break his last finger on his right right. However Shoto was able to withstand the smash and created a tower of ice to run up and close the distance between them. Izuku used another smash on him but was quickly able to avoid it by jumping up into the air and almost freezing him at close range.

In order to break free form the ice that was slowly freezing him, he sacrifices his entire left arm and let's off a full powered smash. Shoto was barely able to withstand the aftershock by creating a ice blockade.

His judgement, application skills, mobility, his Quirk, everything about him was strong.

"He's already better than the average pro..." Someone in the crowd said.

"It's like that's what you get from the son of the number two hero." Another person said.

'He's trembling..." thought Izumi as she looked closer at Shoto's left arm. Just like she predicted Todoroki was reaching his limit on his ice quirk and Deku was also reaching his limit as he didn't have much fingers to spare anymore.