12 - Cavarly Battle

~~~

"Now then, I'll will explain the rules of the Cavalry battle. The time limit is 15 minutes. Each team is worth the total of its members' points, and the riders will wear a headband with that number on their foreheads. Team will try and grab each other's headband until time runs out, and keep as many points as they can. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up, so the more you steal the harder it'll be to manage them!

Most important thing is that even if your headbands get stolen, or if your team falls, you're not out!" Midnight explained.

"Which means...." Momo started.

"....since there are 42 people, there will be ten to twelve teams on the field the whole time." Sato said.

"That's tough." Aoyama commented.

"One strategy could be to let someone take your points first so you'll be more free." Mina said.

"It's hard to say without seeing how all the pints end up getting split up, Mina." Tsu told her.

"During the game, it'll be cruel fight where you can use you Quirks. But it is still a cavalry battle. You'll get a red card for attacks that are trying to make people fall on purpose! You'll be removed immediately!" Midnight said causing Bakugo to 'tch' causing Izumi to look at him.

"Now, you have fifteen minutes to build your teams. Start!"

~~~

«Break Room Staff Only»

Meanwhile, Death Arm, Kamui Woods, and Mount Lady watch from the break room and have a discussion about the festival.

"The U.A. spots festival is more about simulating the competition they'll face as heroes than seeing how prepared they are to be heroes." Death arm said.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Mount Lady asked.

"In a world crowed with hero agencies, in order to put food on the table, there are times when you have to kick down others in order to show your stuff. That was what the obstacle course race in the qualifier was, right?" Death Arm said.

"Doesn't that just pain your heart." She said.

"You little—You did it quite gleefully, remember?" Kamui Woods told her.

"On the other hand, even if you're business rivals, there are many cases where you have to work together." Death Arm continued.

"Oh. That's just like the cavalry battle! If you win, your teammates also win. You have to think about compatibility and other peoples Quirks.....It's a give-and-take situation..." Mount Lady pointed out.

"Coordinating with your sidekick, and joint Quirk training with other agencies..." Kamui Wood said.

"The kids are doing stuff now that will be their way of life after they become pros." Death Arm said.

"They've got it rough." Mount Lady said feeling bad for the kids.

~~~

«Back at the stadium»

Izumi wasn't looking forward to working with someone. She's wasn't someone who liked asking others for help so what makes them think she could openly work with someone.

But now it's a must, if she wishes to pass this round. One person should be enough.

She was sure with her being second people wouldn't want to partner up with her and she wouldn't blame them.