21 - The Aftermath

~~~

We were now in the hospital recovering from our injuries that we had gotten that night.

"I'm beat." Izumi said as she laid down on the bed again.

"Where you not able to sleep well, Ryuzu?" Todoroki said.

"Nope. Hospital beds are the worse." Izumi responded.

"I see, how about you Midoriya?"

"No, not really."

"I didn't think so. Me neither."

"Thinking about it now, we did something amazing, huh?" Deku said.

"Don't forgot reckless and suicidal." Izumi added.

"I guess we did."

"By the way, Ryuzu. You were fighting a Nomu are you sure your alright?" Iida asked.

"Um? Yeah I'm fine." She told them, to be honest that Nomu was quite weak from the at USJ.

"Seeing an ending like that really makes you feel like it's a miracle we're alive." Deku added.

"I know right. I thought would be killed on the spot." Izumi said looking down.

"With my legs like this and Ryuzu busy fighting with an unknown villain, he probably could've killed us if he'd wanted to."

Todoroki agreed with Deku telling us that the hero killer had purposely let them live, but the questioned that remain as to 'why?' Before complementing Iida for his bravery, but Iida quickly denies it but before he could say anything the door was opened.

There stood Manual and Gran Torino.

"Oh, are you wounded kids awake?" Gran Torino asked.

"Gran Torino!"

"Yep" Izumi told him.

"Manual..."

"Kid, I've got a lot of compliments for you." Gran Torino said as he looked at Deku. "But before that, you've got a visitor."

"The Hosu's chief of police, Kenji Tsuragamae."

'We're Busted'

Even though Izumi wasn't involved with fight with the hero killer, she still fought against a Nomu and not to mention had ran off with Deku.

Iida and Todoroki stood up, as Deku tried getting up, he was told to seat.

'Woof?'

"You four must be the U.A. students who brought down the hero killer and Nomu, right?"

"Yes."

The Police chief informs us that the hero killer was being treated for serious injuries, The Nomu's wounds had already healed was it was detain. And now it was time for us to be punished for yesterday's incident because of the use of our Quirks for violence without superior permission.

"Wait a minute. If Iida hadn't done anything, Native would've been killed. If Midoriya hadn't come, the two of them would've been killed. No one realized that the hero killer had appeared. Are you saying we should've followed the rules and watched people get killed?" Todoroki snapped.

"Are you saying that as long as it turns out all right, it's okay to bend the rules?" The chief asked causing Todoroki to flinch back.

"Isn't it a hero's job to save people?"

"That is why you are not a full-fledged hero yet. Goodness, what are you being taught by U.A. and Endeavor, Wood?"

"You dog!"

'?!!'

Gran Torino quickly stops Todoroki telling him to listen to what the chief had to say.

"That was the official opinion of the police. And the punishment and such would only happen if this were all made public, woof. If this were made public, you would probably be applauded by the public, but you would not be able to escape punishment. On the other hand, this is a bit underhanded, but if it's not made public, the burns scars would support Endeavor being the hero who saved the day, and it would end there, woof."

Izumi stood up and looked at the chief. "So what your saying is that since there were only few witnesses we won't be punished, but the credit for defeating the hero killer and the Nomu would be given to Endeavor instead."

"Yes, that is correct. Personally, I don't want to be the one to find fault with promising young ones because of one big mistake, woof." He said.

"Well, since everything seem to have worked out, I'm gonna got for a walk." Izumi told them as she left.

She wondered what kind of face Endeavor must be making knowing he only got the credit for defeating the hero killer and Nomu by default.

~~~

Internships had finally came to an end and we were finally back at U.A. It seemed like everyone had enjoyed there internships except for probably Bakugo and Mineta. It was quite a sight to see the new haircut Bakugo had gotten and it looked like I wasn't the only one who found it funny.

"I was kind of a fawn over and had a good time. But the ones who changed the most, or at least went through the most were you four, right?" Denki said looking at us.

"Oh, yeah! The hero killer and The Nomu!" Sero said.

"I'm glad you guys made it out alive! Seriously." Kirishima said

"I was worried." Momo stated.

"I heard Endeavor saved you, right?" Sato asked.

'Saved my ass...' Izumi thought. Why the hell did he have to get the credit, but it was definitely worth seeing his face.

"Yeah. He saved us."

It must be hard lying through your teeth like that todoroki especially about someone you hate.

"I saw on the news that the hero killer was connected to the League of Villains. Imagining someone that scary coming to USJI freaks me out." Ojiro said.

'I highly doubt that the hero killer would be connected with the League of Villains. With his personality and beliefs wouldn't allow him to get along with the leader so they would probably end up having a fight.'

"Now, it's time to commence class! Everyone, take your seats!" Iida yelled.

"He's so loud...." Tokoyami said.

"It's 'cause you talked about weird stuff, Kaminari!" Jiro said.

"Sorry about that."

"He's cool isn't he?" Izumi asked Deku.

"Yeah, definitely."