Chapter 9

Author's Note: First chapter of 2022!

By the way, there are some things I forgot to mention. The "21st Century Cafe" from chapter 3 was partially inspired by TXT's "Magic" performance video on Good Morning America. And the areas in JMI mentioned in chapter 6 were inspired (in order of appearance) by the following videos...

- "Black Mirror" by ONEUS (Performance Video)

- "Spin Off" by UP10TION (Performance Ver.)

- "도깨비 (Favorite Boys)" by A.C.E. (One-Take Dance Video)

- "Don't Fight The Feeling" Music Video by EXO

- "Spin Off" Music Video by UP10TION

Also, Cliff's outfit (noticed by Morgan during the transportation scene) was largely inspired by Joohoney's outfit in MONSTA X's "Gambler" MOVE REC performance video.

And yes, I realize that as a writer, I shouldn't have to rely on other people or places to describe my ideas, but I think anyone who reads this story should know exactly where I'm getting those same ideas from.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

~*November 29th, 2018*~

Jared opened the medicine cabinet and tossed some things aside until he found what he was looking for.

He opened the bottle, put one pill in his mouth, and then finished it off with a drink from a water bottle.

"Ah."

He put his hand to his forehead, which was throbbing, but he knew it was going to be a while before the headache subsided.

He closed the medicine cabinet, and stared into the bathroom mirror at his own reflection and sighed.

He then wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, and turned the bathroom light off.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

~*December 17th, 2018*~

Morgan wiped some of the glasses on the counter with a towel, while his boss, Dani, was wiping the same counter with a fiber cloth.

It was just after 2 am, and most of the customers had gone home.

Morgan looked at Dani, her head down as she concentrated on wiping a particularly stubborn spot on the counter.

"I can feel you staring, Morgan," she told him.

"Your hair looks great today."

She looked up, and turned her head toward him.

"What do you want?"

"What makes you think I want anything?"

She raised her eyebrows knowingly.

Morgan sighed.

"I need some time off next year."

"I knew it."

She threw the cloth down, and leaned her hip against the counter with her arms crossed.

"When?"

"January 7th. Just for two weeks."

"May I ask what it's for this time?"

"Job training."

"Job training, huh?"

"Yeah. It's a... Documentary training job," he said, finishing the sentence strangely.

Dani looked him up and down.