Chapter 25

Author's Note: ...

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

~*August 7th, 2786*~

"Help him!" Valerie ordered, pointing in the direction of Jack's bike.

All thirteen men had arrived at the launching area safe and mostly unharmed.

The medical staff immediately went over to Jack who was squeezing his bike's handlebars from the pain in his leg.

"Careful! He's in a lot of pain," Keegan told them.

"We'll be careful," a man in a white medical uniform assured him.

Meanwhile, a few spare nurses walked around, checking on everyone else.

"Any headaches?" The nurse asked Drew.

"No."

"Pain?"

"My hip still hurts after falling on it."

"Probably bruised. What's your name?"

"Drew Gladwyn."

"And what year are you from?"

"1970."

The nurse took a flashlight the shape of a pen off his uniform and shined it in Drew's eyes, which made Drew squint and look away instinctively.

"Pupil reaction seems normal."

"I feel fine," Drew told him. "Where's Audrey?"

"Who?"

Drew froze.

"I'm kidding," the nurse said with a laugh. "She left to go do something with Adam. Why?"

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

~*August 8th, 2786*~

Audrey picked up the phone and held it to her ear calmly.

"Audrey, sweetheart! Thank god you're here," Athena said on the other side of the glass.

A witness had informed the local police that a woman matching Athena's description tried to hijack his boat, so he tied her up.

After they arrived, the police immediately escorted her to the police station downtown.

And now, it was the early hours of a new day.

"Everyone's calling me a 'murderer'! Me! Can you believe that?!"

Audrey remained quiet.

"And don't even get me started on that damn man who tied me up."

She leaned in.

"They should arrest him," she said in a low voice. "You know, he tried to rape me before the police came?"

Audrey rolled her eyes.

"Oh god, I can't do this anymore."

Athena leaned back.

"Audrey?"

Athena put an expression of worry on her face.

But Audrey saw right through it.

"He did not rape you. He just tied you up. Because you killed somebody and tried to leave."

Athena giggled.

"Come on, Audrey. You sound just like those police! How could I do something like that?"

Audrey shrugged.