Chapter 13

Author's Note: We're speeding things up around here! Otherwise, I would have 14 unnecessary chapters about each day of their training, and that would be too much, lol.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

~*March 3rd, 2786*~

"It's morning. Time to get up. It's morning. Time to get up."

Cliff rolled over in his bed and groaned.

The voice repeated the words again.

"It's morning. Time to get up—"

Cliff threw his pillow at the piano line's announcement.

A moment of silence fell over the room, and he sighed.

"It's morning. Time to get up—"

"Son of a bitch!"

He rolled off his bed and walked up to the piano line.

"I'm up? Happy?"

He paused again.

The piano line remained silent.

"That's what I thought," he said, smiling smugly as if he had just told someone off.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Cliff adjusted the sleeves of his casual wear, and looked toward his window. The sun was shining through his room, which made the light splash over every surface.

Cliff opened his room's window and looked outside.

The sun was bright, so he put his hand over his forehead to see outside better.

His room had a balcony outside of it, and in the distance, he spotted a glittering city with a few moderately sized skyscrapers.

Well would ya look at that. Sweet civilization.

He chuckled to himself as the sound of birds hovered all around him.

He stuck his head out to try and find the birds, but he couldn't see them.

Probably out of view.

He shrugged his shoulders, and shut the window tight.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

They were in a new room this time, and it was located on the second floor near the screening room.

Audrey ushered them in.

"Come on. Sit. Sit."

The room had no desks, just several chairs scattered in the back of the room, along with a small screen in the front.

There was also a light pink circle on the gray carpeted floor in between their seats and the screen.

Cliff and the others sat in the back while the other group sat in the front.

Liam sat next to Cliff, who chose the last two seats in the very back.

"What's that circle for?" Cliff asked him.

"Who knows?" Liam replied calmly.

Adam quickly walked into the room.

"How are we all doing?"

He laughed, and put one of his hands through his hair and shook his head.

"Kid thinks he's a dog or what?" Cliff joked.

He glanced at Liam, but to his surprise, he wasn't laughing.

In fact, he could've sworn he saw a hint of a smile on his lips.