𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝟣

The beginning of a journey

"Elizabeth Sarah Diggory, if you do not get downstairs now, we will miss the train".

There came the voice of her father, a slight angry tone took to his voice. The girl winced at her full name. She knew she was in trouble anytime her full name was spoken. The young girl's head shot up as she rapidly placed the rest of her things into the already overflowing suitcase, stuffing the book that almost pummeled to the floor on top. She zipped the back up, tucking in anything that came out of the sides. This was her third time now. Hopefully the last attempt at that.

"Elizabeth!"

"One second dad"

The girl lifted her bag, instantly dropping it with a thud at the shear weight that it brought on her body. She certainly wasn't going to be able to carry it down the stairs...

So she did the next best thing.

As she pushed the trunk to the stairs, she realised that she could only allow it to tumble down the stairs, praying that her dad or brother were not at the bottom of the stairs. She would've asked for help had she not already stated to the two men that she was a "young and independent woman that didn't need help with anything".

Elizabeth pushed the trunk forwards as she then turned it to it's side. Angling it so that it would slide down the stairs. The trunk slid down the stairs with speed, faster than she would have liked. A lot faster. However, the trunk stayed on the final step luckily not creating a thud like she expected.

The girl wasted no time in taking off down the stairs, forgetting that she had left her trunk on the last step. This had caused her to trip, landing face flat a few centimetres from the doorframe, causing less pain than it would have. Elizabeth let out a pain yelp as she lay there before getting up and dragging her trunk with her outside.

Last month, Elizabeth had received her Hogwarts acceptance letter and was taken to Diagon Alley with her father and brother to collect the things she needed for her first year. Her father, Amos, was a man of organisation, so in order to not be caught up in crowds of hoarding families, he took them out as the next day after the letter had arrived. They had arrived at Diagon Alley via floo powder, in order to get all the items on their lists for their first and third year at the magical school.

Diagon Alley was a place of true magic. It had everything that every witch or wizard needed, including: pets, quidditch supplies and new robes. Elizabeth had bought a satchel, wand, school robes and was even allowed to buy a pet of her choice. She had chosen an owl and named it Archimedes. It was a large tawny owl with many different shades of brown in it's feathers. To Eliza, owls were majestic and fascinating beasts.