𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝟧

The sorting

The sorting

The Quartet exited the boat, and began to follow. Hagrid led the first years up the pathway, occasionally pointing out certain areas. "The forbidden Forest", the only thing Elizabeth heard clearly over the chaotic chatter , according to Hagrid it was the place that no first year could go. Something about dangerous creatures. The tour carried on until a tall, slender woman came into view and the chatter quietened.

"Ahh, Professor McGonagal', firs' years this is your transfiguration teache' and also the head of Gryffindor" McGonagall smiled slightly at everyone, yet her expression quickly changed back to what it was before. Cedric had mentioned her briefly in his letters to his sister,elaborating what a good transfiguration teacher she was.

The students were now being led by Professor McGonagall towards large doors that could only be the entrance to the castle itself. Elizabeth looked around at her surrounding. They were in a large courtyard, behind was a water fountain, large yet simple. There were several other corridors that led to different parts of the castle, that had open window frames. The teacher opened the doors quickly, with a flick of her wand and she now led her students down one of the many, lengthy corridors. Eventually they had reached another set of large doors, a loud chatter being heard from within then, which only meant that this was the entrance to the Great Hall.

Elizabeth became nervous of what would happen next. In a moments time, she would find out her house. Personally, she didn't mind what her house was and she knew that if her mum was still around she would agree with her. However, the two males in her family disagreed, all because of the situation that had occurred 11 years ago. No one had ever been a Slytherin in the Diggory family because they were always perfect. That's what the problem was perfection. She was in the shadows of her brother's perfectionism.

The doors to the Great Hall opened, every head turning in the students direction. The four students stood nervously in the middle of the crowd. McGonagall led them forwards to the front of the hall. As they walked forwards, heads of everyone else followed. In front of them sat an old, pointed hat, on a wooden stool. The Professor walked towards it and picked up a scroll, that Elizabeth had not noticed.

"Now when I call your name, you shall come forth. I will place this hat on your head", Mcgongall picked up the hat and held it in her left hand, "...and you will be sorted into your houses". Elizabeth glanced around, once again nervous. She looked around for her brother until she eventually spotted him, a hand wave through her peripheral vision. Elizabeth span slowly to the right, she had managed to get to the edge of the crowd.

There, she saw her brother and his girlfriend, who smiled and waved at her. Cedric gave her a reassuring smile knowing that she was nervous.

Elizabeth was called up, as she turned her head to see her three friends mouth words of encouragement. Her heart raced, her breathing increased as she walked towards the stool. Slowly, she sat on the stool, the hat being placed on her head.