𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝟪

Neville's flight

Neville's flight

The next class was flying. Now would be her chance, perhaps she could impress her teacher. After all, Cedric's reputation with Madame Hooch was good, so if she managed to prove herself to her, there would be a chance of a definite position on the quidditch team.

The brunette Slytherin walked with Hermione, slightly ahead of the other Gryffindor boys, walking through the long corridors until eventually, she felt the overgrown grass tickling at her legs. Up ahead, the two girls spotted the figure of Madame Hooch, who awaited they're arrival.

The small class made their way over to a broom of their choice, Jacob stood on on side and another brunette Gryffindor boy, who looked petrified.

"Right! First years I would like you to summon your broom today. To do this I would like you to say the word 'up'. Speak this clearly and your broom shall fall into your hands. Place your left hand in a claw shape"

An echo of 'ups' were heard from around her, luckily enough Elizabeth's broom had come to her outstretched hand almost instantly. She lifted her head to see that the ginger-haired Gryffindor was struggling, until finally it looked as though he had mastered it. He had not. Instead the broom levitated in the direction of his face, colliding with his nose. The boy stumbled slightly, whilst the spectacled boy laughed.

"Shu' up Harry" this caused a chuckle to come out of her mouth as Ron glared at her.

After a while, everyone's hand held a broom, "Now, once you've got a tight grip on your broom, I would like you to mount it. Once you have down that, keep a firm grip on the broom handle, don't want you falling off of the other end".

The thought of a quidditch match came to her mind. Overlapping the reality, causing it to disappear. The crowd cheered as the new Slytherin chaser scored a goal, aiming perfectly at one of the round hoops, it passed straight through Gryffindor's keeper, over his head. She looked towards the keeper instantly recognising him. Ron Weasley. He smiled at her, she had scored another point. Slytherin were winning. They were beating Gryffundor.

A tap was felt on her shoulder, as she looked to her right. She had zoned out and everyone had mounted her broom. Madame Hooch stared at her expectantly, causing Elizabeth to mount her broom quickly.

Of course she would be on Slytherin's team. But...

And then she realised.

Marcus Flint was Slytherin's captain. There would no chance of getting on the team, especially since first years weren't allowed to try out for the team.

Elizabeth's shoulders deflated at the thought.

Her head travelled to the noise of someone screaming.

Neville Longbottom, the boy who was stood next to her only moments before, was now in the air, zooming through the sky as Madam Hooch frantically called for him to come down. Everyone who was looking could see that he was trying but with many failed attempts nothing happened. He only flew higher.
The terrified boy continued to bump into many things, as though he was a bird who was blind.

Unfortunately for him that wasn't the only thing that was going to happen. He bumped into a castle wall once again yet this time he fell off of his broom, his robes catching on a statue's javelin, dangling helplessly in the air. A panicked look crossed his face as he looked up, falling down onto another sharp pole.

Elizabeth felt as though someone was watching her and when she turned her head, she saw Ron giving her a slightly worried look. She smiled at him, trying to reassure him, but it wasn't only for his nerves.

The crowd of students all moved towards the area, Madame Hooch at the front. Neville looked up, seeing that his robes were about to rip completely off of the statue. His robes fully ripped and as he fell, Elizabeth squeezed her eyes shut awaiting the loud thud that would follow.

Nothing happened.

And when she opened her eyes she saw a black heap of robes lay on the floor, the boy's head down on the grass. It was only then that Madame hooch rushed over. Holding Neville up, she assessed his injuries and when she gently took his wrist in her hand, he let out a small whimper of pain. As Madame Hooch stood up and helped Neville up, Elizabeth saw that his rememberall had fallen out. She had gone to pick it up, only to be beaten by Malfoy, who held the small ball in his hand. His signature smile making items way across his face.

Madame Hooch turned round and threatened the class.

"If I see a single broom in the air, the one riding it will find themselves out of Hogwarts before they can say quidditch" the crazy-haired woman threatened, calmly. After the woman had left, Malloy walked forward his back turned on me and the others.

"Did you see his face?" He shouted, smirking.

"maybe if that fat lump had given this a squeeze, he'd have remembered to fall on huge ass"

Elizabeth began to walk forwards towards the blonde-haired boy but was stopped by Hermione and Ron grabbing onto her arms.

Harry had instead done so, "Give it back, Malfoy"

"No" was the only word that he said, squinting his eyes hatefully at him.

A few more words were said before Malfoy was suddenly in the air challenging Harry to chase him in order to get it back. Harry had begun to mount his broom, but before he could fly off the Slytherin girl placed a hand on his shoulder, "Harry don't do it, you'll only get yourself in trouble!"

Yet he never listened to her advice and instead sped off into the air. The two girls both rolled their eyes at their friend's actions, knowing that he would receive consequences later, because he would definitely get caught.

All of a sudden, the small ball was thrown towards the castle towards a window. McGonagall's office. Well he would certainty get it now. Harry raced after it and after making a swift turn, so he wouldn't fly straight through the glass, he caught it and held it tightly up in his hands as he flew back down to the cheering crowd of first years.

A shrill voice was heard from behind us, as Harry evidently winced at the sound, "Mr Potter, follow me" McGonagall said sternly.

Well if he wasn't expelled now, the Diggory girl didn't know what would happen to him.