𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝟦

Arrival at Hogwarts

Arrival at Hogwarts

Elizabeth had not spoken one word since the incident. The train slowly pulled up to Hogsmeade station. Excited was one word for how she felt right now, nervous the other. Elizabeth's mind wandered off in thought causing her to fail to notice that everyone had began to exit their compartments, one after another. It wasn't until she felt herself being pulled gently off the seat that she came back to reality.

The Quartet stepped off of the train and began to move in a direction of a large man. They followed an eager Harry as he led the way, walking slightly faster than normal. You could now see him clearly. There stood a gigantic man, who's beard looked as though it hadn't been trimmed in over a year or two. His shaggy hair black as midnight. The man wore a huge smile that looked as though, despite his size, he was extremely welcoming.

"Harry! There ye are" The man shouted excited, his arms raising in cheer causing other students cower underneath the gigantic man. Looking down below he spotted the others, he smiled, his gaze lingering on the grey-eyed girl a little longer.

"You mus' be Elizabeth Diggory, Cedric's younger sister? You're father was such a grea' studen"

"I'm Hagrid, Hogwarts groundskeeper" Cedric had mentioned him often at the Diggory home, talking about him as though he was a friend rather than a teacher of sorts. So far he didn't seem as scary as he perceived himself to look. Perhaps it was just the height of him that intimidated her.

"Yes...I am" she replied, he smiled softly before he began to walk towards the flurry of students, who still cowered underneath him. His booming voice carried when he spoke.

"Firs' years this way, follow me".

The Quartet as well as the rest of the first years followed him. Elizabeth walked in between Hermione and Ron, Harry slightly ahead of us in anticipation. As the four continued to follow, a conversation broke out amongst the two girls. Mainly about school things and books. The two of them had learned that they shared a love for reading and the determination to succeed in school. Although, Hermione seemed a little more into school than she was.

Hermione was from a muggle family and had never been anywhere near wizards nor witches. 'Mudblood' the word flashed into Elizabeth's head as she remembered what she had heard her father repeat, when he had heard at work from Lucius Malfoy. It was often a word used by the majority of pureblood families. The thing was Jenna was also a muggleborn, so she never even dared speaking it in case it upset the girl. In case she misused it.

Finally, they had arrived at the boathouse, the walk already exhausting Elizabeth. One by one each of the students gathered into a group of 4 or 5. They was enough not to fit everyone including Hagrid's own one. Cedric had left out the part about having to cross by boats. Harry, Ron and Hermione had found one, Hermione pulling her towards it.

As she made her way towards the boat, she felt herself slip and begin to fall. Elizabeth awaited the impact of the wooden boards but nothing came as she felt two pairs of arms holding her up slightly. Looking up, there she saw that the arms belonged to both Harry and Ron. Hermione had already sat down but she know stood up, carefully yet frantically as she checked to see if she was alright.

"Ha! Not even there and the blood-traitor's already made an embarrassment of herself. Look, she's even mixing with blood traitor's and the mudblood" the cold voice of the blonde haired boy was heard from behind them, Elizabeth turned and glared, but didn't do anything, not wanting to cause trouble.

Slowly and carefully, she stepped into the boat, quickly sitting down before anything could happen. The ginger and brunette boys getting in after her. The boats began to move steadily along the gleaming waters.

She was too deep in thought and it was only when a feminine gasp could be heard that she shook those thoughts away.

Elizabeth looked up ahead to were the illuminating lights cascaded along the waters, which belonged to the castle. Elizabeth had hoped to see more but as it was pitch black, only the castle could be seen and barely anything was seen of it. In the pitch blackness it looked like there was nothing and only the fire-coloured lights were seen. She wondered what lay behind the castle. What did the quidditch pitch look like? She was surprised at the fact that her brother didn't even think about informing her of what the teachers were like. For the rest of the journey, Hermione and Elizabeth admired the view whilst Harry and Ron chatted.