Familiar faces [day 21]🐟🥀

A new server with new and old faces. Some recognizable, some not. She didn't understand why this man was talking to her or how he knew her name. She didn't ask him about it though. Lizzie could tell it'd shatter the short man's heart in front of her. 

Eventually she caved in and asked. As she suspected, his used to be smiling face laid in a saddened frown. It hurt Lizzie's heart to see him like that but why? She couldn't understand why it hurt so much to ask but it did and now she wished she didn't. 

"You- You didn't remember who I was this entire time..?" Joel mutters, eyes meeting Lizzie's. He takes the used to be axolotl queen's hands and holds them in his. "Please.. Tell me you remember me.." It was Lizzie's turn to have her heart break into millions of pieces. 

"I'm sorry, but I don't.. I.. You seem familiar but I don't recall ever meeting you before this." A now forced smile forms on Joel's face. "That's okay. I'll help you remember me if it's the last thing I do. What do you remember?" Lizzie opens her mouth after a while of thinking to herself. 

    "Lots and lots of familiar faces." 

Word count: 207

A/N: Slightly sad but you'll recover I'm sureee.. Hopefully-  Anyways have some Jizzie cause I barely have any of this ship in this book ;w;