Episode 1 - The day where all began part 1

The next morning, Areum was peacefully eating breakfast with her grandparents and mom. Eating the side dishes from the plates in front of her, the young girl listened to the conversation between her mom, Dr. Son Yeri, and her grandparents.

"Eomma, Appa, this morning I'll be going to Incheon for the medical conference for five days. So, I'll be leaving Areum here. Please take good care of her." Areum's mother informed.

"Aigoo. Don't worry, dear. We've been taking care of the two of you for the last eight years. We know how to take care of our precious granddaughter." Areum's grandfather joked as he put some of the leftover beef (that Areum brought from yesterday's dinner at Suhyeok's house) to Areum's plate. Areum glanced at his grandfather and instantly smiled at him as a gratitude.

"I know but ever since I've transferred here, I've been too busy. I've always left Areum with the two of you." Dr. Son sighed as she felt guilty for leaving her daughter with her parents while she was busy doing her work at the hospital.

"Isn't that the reason why you accept the transfer, dear? So, that Areum would not be alone whenever you're busy. That's alright, dear. We've understood your situation. Besides, we love spending time with Areum." Areum's grandmother reassured her daughter.

Watching the time on the wall in front of her, Areum took her last bites of rice and rushed to the sink to put all of her plates into it. Then, she made her way back to the dining table and chugged down her water from the glass.

"Areum-ah, drink slowly, sweetheart. You'll choke yourself." Dr. Son warned when she saw her only daughter drinking her water in a hurry.

"I can't, Eomma. I'm going to be late for school." Areum claimed as she went to the living room to take her school bag. Just before she left, her grandmother called her and gave the young girl the lunch bag that she had prepared earlier. Looking down at the lunch bag, Areum noticed that there were two lunch containers.

"Halmoni. This is too many." The granddaughter uttered as she stared at the elderly woman.

"Then, share it with Suhyeok. I'm sure he'll like it." the elderly woman smiled. Areum thanked her grandmother and went to the hallways to wear her shoes. Just before leaving her house, she bid them goodbye and went to her school.

***********

Arriving at the school two minutes early before the teachers stopped any late comers at the school gate, Areum was enjoying her morning walk until she felt someone wrapped their arm around her shoulder. Whipping her head to the right to see who it was, Areum smiled as she stared at the black eyes of her childhood friend.

"Morning, Suhyeok." Areum greeted as he returned the smile.

"Hey, morning. Do you sleep well?" Suhyeok grinned as he put her loose hair behind her ear. She nodded her head as she tried to content the butterflies in her stomach.

"Areum-ah, why don't you go to the class first. I'll catch up with you later." The tall boy muttered when he caught the sight of two students following a group of bullies. Hearing his sudden request, Areum frowned her eyebrows and gazed upon her friend. His eyes were focusing on them as he watched the group of bullies and the other two students headed to the construction site.

Areum followed the direction of his eyes and spotted the group of bullies. She gasped when she noticed the two bully victims followed them to the construction site and she had an instinct that something bad might happen to them.

"No. I'm coming with you." Areum sternly said as she started to leave Suhyeok behind. Suhyeok quickly grabbed her right hand and pulled her back, making her stop her movement.