Episode 8 - The rooftop

“Hey, Daesu.” Joonyeong called for help when they were struggling in holding the blue plastic sheet when more zombies were able to go through the obstacle in front of them. The class president stopped helping her classmates when Namra felt a sudden change in her body. Wujin noticed her stiff posture and immediately left the rest of his friends to help her, only to see her left eyes begin to turn red and black veins become visibly appeared. 

Suhyeok was busily fighting the zombie that Gwinam threw at him as well as the zombies that managed to escape under the blue plastic sheet. The two boys did not notice that the Yoon boy managed to reach Cheongsan until he climbed onto the stair railing in front of the boy in the green vest. 

With the combination sound of the loud helicopter whirring nearby as well as the snarling of the zombies, Areum was in a massive pain with her new sense of hearing. The black haired girl did not realised her left jaw began to turn red and black veins began to reappear until the beauty heard the faint squelching sound through her ears. 

Hearing the loud smack of the metal stand beside her, the black haired girl spotted Gwinam had climbed the stair railing in front of Cheongsan. The one-eyed boy turned his head to the side after receiving the harsh impact before looking back at Cheongsan with a scoff on his face. When Cheongsan once again tried to hit the bully boy with the metal stand, Gwinam managed to grab the stand away from the bot and instantly pulled Cheongsan closer by his shoulder. The boy in the green vest was frantically trying his best to get free out of the bully’s tight grip.

“Give me your eye.” Gwinam angrily uttered as Cheongsan fought his way to get free from the bully’s grip. 

In a fast reflex, Gwinam held Cheongsan’s face with both of his hands and tried to gouge out one of Cheongsan’s eyes. However, before he could do that, a small hand had choked his neck and pulled him away from Cheongsan. The Yoon boy was lifted to the air by the small hand as he groaned in pain after hearing his bones start to crunch due to the tight grip.

“What the hell? Fuck.” Gwinam managed to curse when he saw Areum was the one who choked him. The Yoon boy also noticed the sudden change of her appearance, especially on her left jaw and her cold stare when he held onto Areum’s hand from choking his throat more tightly. 

The black haired girl looked at the bully boy in confusion when she deeply knew that he should be dead after falling from the window on the fourth floor. Areum then tightened her grip on Gwinam’s neck making his bone crunched further before asking him a question.

“Why didn’t you die?” Areum asked the stubborn boy in confusion as she struggled to control her unconscious thoughts in her mind. Without waiting for his answer, the beauty roughly threw him down to the group of zombies.

After witnessing Areum throw Gwinam to the zombies, Cheongsan lifted his head and stared at her before the boy rushed to help Suhyeok on the platform of the stairwell. Once she threw him down, Areum was shocked with the amount of strength that she had, making the black haired girl stare at her hands in disbelief. The class vice president did not notice that the red and black veins on her jaw began to disappear.

“Areum-ah!” Wujin called his cousin as he tried to make Namra come back to her senses. “Help me.” He muttered in despair as he was worried about Namra’s state. The black haired girl shook her head before helping her cousin.

“What is it?” Areum asked as she watched her cousin cupped Namra’s face with both of his hands. 

“There's a red spot and black veins under her left eye.” Wujin stated with worry laced in his voice. Areum blinked her eyes rapidly before slowly turning her face to look at her close friend. The beauty could immediately notice the red spot and black veins under her eye but what surprised her was the look on Namra’s eyes. The cold and lifeless stare. Namra calmly stared at Wujin with her cold and lifeless eyes as if she was looking at her prey.