Episode 10 - The escape plan

The sunrise began to lighten the small room through the only window inside the room. The students inside of the room were still sound asleep but Cheongsan had woken up earlier and looked at his friends. Then, the boy in the green vest landed his eyes at the two figures. Cheongsan held a small smile when he saw Suhyeok and Areum were sleeping next to each other, making the boy happy and at the same time, felt envious of the pair.

On top of that, Cheongsan finally noticed the heavy weight on his left shoulder. The boy glanced over and saw Onjo was sleeping as she leaned her head on top of his shoulder. Letting the white hoodie girl sleep on his shoulder, Cheongsan settled down thinking of his memories with his mother.

Couple minutes later, Onjo slowly woken up and lifted her head from Cheongsan’s shoulder, making the boy beside her look over at her direction. Feeling the tense of Cheongsan’s gaze, Onjo turned to face the boy and checked his current condition.

A pair of brown eyes met a pair of black eyes before one pair of eyes broke the eye contact. Cheongsan released a sigh as he broke the eye contact, leaving the pair of them in silent for a couple of seconds.

“I thought about it all night.” He began as he turned his whole attention toward Onjo. 

“How do I live? What should I do?” The boy continued, making Onjo rapidly blinked her eyes when she was unable to think of any comforting answer at the moment to the boy who had feelings for her.

“Why don’t we talk about this later? Tomorrow or the day after. Or next week, maybe.” Onjo suggested before nodding her head toward her suggestion.

“Let’s get out of here and eat some food and shower first, okay? Then, we’ll talk about it. Okay?” She continued, waiting for a response for the boy sitting beside her.

“We have a lot to talk about, you know? Let’s give it time.” Onjo muttered when Cheongsan remained silent.

A couple seconds later, Cheongsan finally nodded his head in agreement with her suggestion before turning his devastated face away from Onjo.

“Whatever happens, please don’t give up. Okay?” Onjo advised about the loss of his mother when she spotted his dazed expression. The boy in the green vest nodded his head in acknowledgment to the girl beside him and muttered the word okay before facing Onjo.

“Never, okay?” She added, staring back at her friend’s eyes.

“Mm-hmm.” Cheongsan hummed whilst nodding his head in agreement. “You too.”

“Mm-hmm.” Onjo nodded her head as a response.

“It’ll be okay.” The girl reassured the boy beside her.

***********

Once the rest of the students woke up from their slumber sleep, they watched Namra rise up from her sitting position and went to stand in front of the bright window and kept staring at it. Quite curious why her close friend kept staring at the small window, Areum shifted her gaze from the class president to the sunny window. Few seconds staring into the small window, Areum finally could smell different types of scents coming from the window.

“What is it?” Suhyeok asked both Areum and Namra. Both of the intelligent duo did not give any response to him right away as they kept studying the only window in the small room.

“Do you see something?” The tall boy once again questioned the two girls as he glanced over at Areum, who was sitting beside him against the metal carts full of sport balls.

“The smell is getting stronger.” Areum replied, her brown eyes still lingered on the small window. Daesu frowned his eyebrows after hearing the class vice president’s words, immediately making the plump boy to sniff himself.