Goodbey for now, Gaara

Okami's pov.

Bella was so pleased with what had happened, her voice was so high, not only did it hurt our ears, it broke a few windows too. Thankfully Ibiki was able to calm her down. To be honest both Ibiki and lord third looked a bit uneasy around dad. Not surprising, considering he is a tailed beast and all. And he did beat up quite a few men all on his own.

Bella was helping dad gather supplies for all of us. Naomi was looking after our brother with lord third and grandmother watching over them. I told them I was just going to get some fresh air, then I'll help them pack. What I didn't tell them was that I was mainly going to see Gaara, someone who has became very dear to me. I walked around and spotted the little wolf pup happily chewing on a stick. And next to him was exactly the person I was looking for.

"So you were released from the hospital?" He said before turning around facing me. However the second he saw my face with all my injuries he had a look of complete horror on his face. "Okami!? What happened!? Are you alright!?" He ran over to me and held my face in his hands. I couldn't help but smile at him. I then held up a red spider lily. He looked completely confused and didn't understand a thing.

"My uncle and birth parents finally snapped, to the point where they thought ripping my left eye out was a good punishment. All because I asked Sakura to find her sensei to help protect my birth mother who was in labor with my baby brother." I explained to him. "How..?" He whispered looking down. "How can you smile about something like that!? Do you have any idea how crazy you seem right now!?" He suddenly yells at me.

His out burst took me by surprise, I held a shocked look on my face, before returning it to the smile it had. "Well I am very upset about what they did, but you know what?" I admited as he looked deep into my eye. "Part of me is glad they did. Because my dad came to my rescue. And now my sister knows the truth, and best of all, my dad's taking me and my siblings back home today! I'll finally be free from that crazy clan." I beamed at him.

His eyes went wide, "The son of the nine tails, rescued you?" He suddenly looked gloomy as his hands went limb and fell next to his hips, and his face once again lowered. "Are you okay Gaara?" I asked concerned. His jaw tightened and his hands formed into fists. "If, if I had known.." he then looked me straight in the eye, a determined look in his eyes as he suddenly pulled me into his chest, holding me close. My face felt so warm from the sudden embrace.

"Then I would've saved you myself. Why didn't you tell me? Don't you trust me?" I could hear the hurt in his voice. "I didn't want to worry you. You already have so much on your plate with the exam.." I said as I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck. "I trust you more than you'll ever know. If I had known you would feel like this, I would've told you. I promise. I never meant to leave you out if that's what you're thinking." I said as I slowly losend my hold as I looked him in the eye.

His hands were still on my waist and my arms were still around his neck. I smiled at him, "Actually I wanted to tell you sooner, I just..didn't know how.." I said as I looked down, to embarrassed to face him properly. "I'm leaving today with my family, my real family. I'm sorry to say, but I'll miss the last test. So I just want to wish you luck." I smiled at him a sad smile. For some strange reason he had a look of relief on his face.

"What a relief." He said as he let out a sigh. He closed his eyes as he rested his forehead on mine. "Gaara?" I asked. "Sorry, I was..just worried." He whispered at me. I raised my hand to his cheek, and gave him a reassuring smile. "Hey, I-I don't want to never see you again. Can can we write to each other and visit every now and then?" I asked rather shyly. His eyes went slightly wider before returning back to normal. "I'd like that..a lot." He said as he leaned into my touch.

We stayed in each other's arms for a bit. But unfortunately I had to help pack our things and Gaara had to get ready. So after some time we went our separate ways. I walked over to the store where I smelled Naomi's scent. When I got there I immediately saw her with our brother, dad and Bella. I went straight over to them. Me and Naomi were looking for cute clothes for her and our brother, who still didn't have a name.

After a few short hours we had gathered everything and went to the gate. Dad was holding our brother lovingly, a big bag on his back. I strapped a bag over my shoulders then I tied a blanket tightly over my neck. Dad gently placed the infant in the blanket. (How Itachi carried Sasuke when he was a baby) "He doesn't have a name, does he?" Dad said suddenly. I looked at him sadly, shaking my head. "No. No he doesn't. It's not really surprising." I said as I held him close.

"Very well then, what do you think his name should be?" Dad asked. I looked at him and thought for a bit. "Grandfather's middle name was Ten-dai. A name of a brave warrior, that will protect his pack without a doubt. Someone who will listen to others and help them out even if he doesn't know them." Dad and Naomi looked at me. "And I remember that big brother Trent said that if he ever had a son, he'd name him.." "Ten-dai." Dad said with a proud smirk.

"Ten-dai. Yes! That's it! That's his name! It sutes him perfectly!" Naomi said with a happy smile. "I'm sure your mom would love it." Dad said as he placed a hand on both of our shoulders. I smiled at him.  Finally, our baby brother has a name. Trent, Gray, Chace, do you approve of his name? I thought as I looked up to the sky. "Dad?" I said still looking up. "Hmm?" "Let's go home." I smiled at him. All he did was nod his head.

Just as we were about to leave we heard someone yell at us. "Hey! Wait!" They turned to see grandmother, Bella, Ibiki, Kakashi, Gai, Asuma, Kuranai, lord third and the twins. "I hope you weren't about to leave without saying goodbye." Ibiki said raising an eyebrow at us. "It took you long enough to get here." I said sarcastically. "Grandmother, aunty Bella guess what, guess what!" Naomi yelled excitedly as she ran over to them.

"We finally gave him a name!" She said as she smiled at them. "Oh really? And what might it be?" Grandmother asked. I looked at him, then at everyone. "Alright then, everyone meet Ten-dai." I introduced him. I could see the tears in both Bella and grandmother's eyes. "Yes, yes that's perfect!" Grandmother said as she wiped her eyes. After we exchanged fair wells we were on our way. Finally, free once again.

Gaara's pov.

I watch as Okami left with her family. She seemed happy. I was glad to see that. I placed a red spider lily in the middle of the road. I watched as she stopped and picked it up. She looked back at the village then she spotted me in the trees. She smiled and gave me a small wave. I smiled at her and waved back as fair well. I don't know when, nor where, but I can't wait to see her again.

T. B. C.

Will Okami truly be free like she hopes. How will she react when she finds out what Gaara and his siblings are plotting.