Their alive

3rd person pov.

Okami was out hunting for her family and her two other students. She already got some herbs for medicine for in case they got injured. She had already got two rabbits for them all to fry, eat and enjoy.

On her way back she noticed the wind changed direction and there was an all too familiar scent in the air. She knew exactly who it was, and knew he wouldn't harm her, but still kept her guard up none the less. She continued to walk a little further till she reached a big clearing where she'd be able to fight comfortably, if needed. "Come out! I know your there!" Okami called out as she placed her meal down on the ground, waiting for the man to come out of hiding.

And there he was, the man who she once almost saw as an older brother and a former leaf shinobi that is now a member of the Akatsuki. "It's been five years since I've last saw you. You've grown." His deep voice was as calm as it has always been. "Still hardly any emotion from you at all, huh Itachi." Okami said as she looked him over. "What do you want?" Okami asked as he walked closer to her.

"I need to tell you something very important. If I had known where you had lived with your clan, I would've told you sooner." Itachi explained as he began to walk past her. "Follow me." Was all he said. At first Okami wasn't sure if it was a good idea as she watched him move away from her. "I have no intention on fighting you. What I'm about to tell you, you'll need to see to believe." Itachi explained when he realized she hasn't moved. He looked over his shoulder at the young girl, "Trust me, for old times sake."

Okami hesitated before giving in and walking behind him in silence. "What I need to tell you is something that might come as a shock to you." "So seeing you after all this time isn't?" Okami joked. "Not as big as what you will see in a few minutes." Itachi said a tiny bit annoyed with her sarcasm. "And that is?" Okami asked impatiently as she slung the two rabbits over her shoulder.

"It's about Gray and Chace." Okami stopped dead in her tracks upon hearing the names of two out of her three dead brothers. "What new information could you possibly have about them?" She asked, her voice cold and distant, trying to not lash out at him. He let out a sigh, knowing that this topic must be very difficult for her. "Their gone. Nothings gonna change that." She said with a shaky breath. "Why? Why would you.." Itachi interrupted her by pulling her into a surprise hug.

"No their not." Itachi said as he placed his hand on her head. Giving her a comforting head rub. "W-what?" She asked, completely stunned. He pulled back a bit to look at her. "Their not gone, Okami." He looked her deep in her ice blue eyes. "Is this some sort of sick joke?" Okami asked struggling to hold back her tears. "I'm not joking Okami. They really are alive." Itachi said with a sympathetic smile on his face.

"How? That's impossible.." Okami couldn't believe what she was hearing. "Gray was greatly injured the day he went missing, Orochimaru was the one behind it. He kidnapped Gray and wanted to do experiments on him, but the leader of the Akatsuki saved him before anything could happen to him. And Chace, he was found by the woman who is close to the leader. They wanted to return to you and your younger sister, but they didn't want the Akatsuki or Orochimaru to harm either of you or your parents." Itachi explained.

"Th-that can't be. H-how do you know?" Okami asked as she pushed him away and gave him a hard glare. "That's why I need to show you this." He said as he held out his hand to her, "If you want more answers that is." Okami looked at his hand, Should I? I'm not sure, but I really want to know those answers. Okami thought as she slowly took his hand. He held on her much more smaller hand tightly and protectively as they went deeper into the forest.

It was quiet between them, neither of them said a word. In about twenty minutes they reached another clearing and there sat two boys around Okami's age. One wore a grayish blue like kimono, with one sleeve tied at his hip, fur around the collar, light pants, a dark short sleeved shirt, black boots and a bag on his back. His light gray hair was mostly tied up in a short ponytail, with a few small braids. His eyes were a strange dark red color.