Chapter 30

Gaara's pov.

It's been a few months since I was last at the hidden leaf, when I last saw Okami. I was now back at the sand with my siblings and we were about to teach the next shinobi as our own students. Considering that everyone feared me I knew no one would choose me as their sensei. A girl was a little unsure about which weapon would they know would sute them. I began to answer her question but then saw the look of the other students and rethought my decision.

All the students began to decide who their sensei would be. All of them rushed over to one of my older siblings, all except one. The same girl who asked the question. She moved over and asked to be my student. At first I thought she had gone mad, but when I asked her she said she was sticking with her decision. As time went I helped her with her weapon and I showed her how to use it. She kept training as I watched over her.

Suddenly we saw an injured shinobi who came towards us. Me and my siblings rushed over to him, leaving our students behind to help the man. He explained to us what happened and apparently the ones who were responsible were after me. If I didn't cooperate they'd take away people who I cared for. One by one, everyday someone would go missing. For some reason my mind instantly thought about long straight orange hair and a pair of big beautiful ice blue eyes. Why? I thought as we heard someone scream.

We rushed over as quickly as we could and found that Matsuri was gone. We soon figured that she was the first to go. We went to the jonin council as soon as we could to explain the situation to them. When we did they said that they would ask the hidden leaf for assistance, since they'll be close by. They also said they couldn't spair anyone from our village, so me and my siblings would have to go. Why was I not surprised. My siblings tried to reason with them, saying we'd be playing right in their trap.

In all honesty, I was furious that they took my student. The first person to eccept me in the village other than my late uncle, my siblings and our mentor. And I remembered how Okami spoke so fondly about her teachers who were also jenchuriki like me. I wanted to make that kind of impact on someone's life. So I was perfectly fine with setting out to save Matsuri. If we're heading close to the leaf, maybe I could ask miss Bella to send Okami a message. I thought as me and my siblings left.

We were in a hurry, running as fast as we could. As we carried on a sudden strong wind came out of nowhere. Tamari was able to deflect it with ease. Apparently it was one of the four people who kidnapped Matsuri. Tamari told us to continue on our own. At first I was hesitant, because I had grown rather attached to both my siblings, so I didn't want to abandon her, but she was persistent. And so both me and Kankuro went on ahead.

As we went on we spotted two men and Matsuri who called out my name when she saw me. But just as we got close some strange blue blade thing caught us off guard. When we saw the person responsible for the attack, it was a blue haired boy no older than me. He seemed quite proud of his unusual sword. Kankuro told me he'd take care of this one. There's no doubt that my brothers strong, but I still didn't like the thought. However I still needed to save Matsuri, so I left the boy to my brother. Please don't let this be a mistake.

On my way one of the men with some sort of armor on. He told me I wasn't going any further unless I defeat him. I remained calm as I crossed my arms over my chest as some of my sand came out the gord, ready to defend or attack. As I defended against his attack I instantly surrounded his body with my sand, wrapping it tightly around his body. "Sand coffin!" I said as I attempted to crush him. However I soon realized something was wrong. Suddenly he broke free from the sands hold and thanked me for the treat. I couldn't believe my eyes. He then went on and explained to me that it was his armor, it absorbed my chacra.

He attacked once more, when I cought his weapon he began to steal my chacra. I began releasing the rest of my sand and made a pillar below me. As it took me higher and higher, I took him with me. He seemed surprised at the amount of sand that I had with me. I went so high up, passed the treetops, still holding onto his weapon as he dangled by its chain. I began swinging him around and around. This high up and with such a clear view of the sky my mind drifted from the battle at hand and wandered off to Okami.

Is she and her siblings doing better with their adoptive parents? How is she handling being an older sister now? Is she still wearing that eyepatch for her eye? When will I see her again? I couldn't stop myself from wandering those questions. When I got back to reality I let go of his weapon and sent him flying. He crashed hard into the ground. But that still wasn't enough to stop him, because he got right back up.

I sensed something strange in the air, so I kept my guard up. Then suddenly something blasted at the sand below me. Took me by surprise. Suddenly a water dragon came at me, pushing me off the sand pillar and made me soaking wet. I made sure I landed on a pile of sand to insure I don't get injured. The man with the armor came towards me. I tried using my sand only for it to fall heavily on the ground. Just as his weapon came close to me I heard someone yell, "Leaf hurricane!" And right in front of me landed Rock Lee, still wearing his ridiculous jumpsuit.

Suddenly Naruto came out of hiding and kicked the enemy to the side. "Hey Gaara! You saved us back at the Sasuke indecent right? Well here we are returning the favor!" Naruto explained with his usual smile on his face. He told me I had to go on considering I had a pupil who needs rescuing. Just as I got to my feet I fell right back down. Lee and Naruto instantly got worried about me. Soon enough Naruto's pinkette friend came to help.

She told them to take care of the enemy while she healed me. "Be careful. That armor of his allows him to absorb chacra." I explained the situation to them, as Lee and Naruto got ready to fight. I watched as the pinkette continued to heal me up. As I did this I couldn't help but be reminded of Okami.

How she healed that Hyuuga girl, how she healed the dog boy and his mutt. Not to mention how she nearly completely drained herself trying to heal Lee. The determination in her eyes when she tries to help others and yet the irony in how she hates hospitals. Especially when she has to stay in a room for more than three hours.

Back at just a few miles from the hidden leaf village.
3rd person pov.

Bella was waiting at a big tree for her two nieces and one neffew. They were coming to help her with setting up for her wedding that was the following day. She had to let them know about what all the genin were up to. Just then she saw two figures coming closer, and when they were close enough, she knew it was the very people she was waiting for. "Aunt Bella? What are you doing all the way out here?" Asked the younger sister.

"To tell you that all the genin from the leaf are helping the sand siblings save someone from their village." Bella said with a serious tone. "What? Please elaborate Bella." Okami said as she handed her sleeping brother to her sister. "Apparently, Gaara got himself a student and some crazy shinobi from the village of Artisons want to show how their weapons are greater than he is. So they kidnapped the poor child, and now everyone is trying to save her." Bella explained.

"Sounds a lot like when Sasuke left." Okami said as she got serious herself. "Indeed. I figured since your friends with Gaara you would want to help him out." Bella gave the orange haired girl a sly knowing smirk. "What about Naomi and Ten-dai? Not to mention I promised to help get..." "I'll take care of your siblings and we'll handle the set up. You go help your friends, since all your attention would be on nothing else." Bella interrupted her.

Okami looked at her aunt in shock and then at her siblings. "We'll be just fine, sis! Go help your friend!" Naomi assured her sister with a big smile on her face. Okami gave her a smile that showed her gratitude towards them. "Thank you." Okami said, placing a quick kiss on her brothers forhead. "I won't be long, I promise." She said just before she took off at full speed.

T. B. C.