Chapter 8 - Two Steps Forward One step back

Prepare yourselves for a long read!

A new day has come and I'm making my way to school. I couldn't stop thinking about last night. I was so annoyed at the fact that Kokoro has put me on the spot like that but part of me was also glad. It was the first time being put on the spot like that and it felt great. For a song that was heavy, The crowd was very pleased with my performance. 

Flashback to last night

After my performance all the girls gave their gratitude to the crowd on stage, Roselia gave their announcement to advertise their self sponsored show along with Poppin Party though I feel like they did that spontaneously or without any thought. After that the girls decided to stay a bit longer to celebrate in the back room. The party went on for a good minute so I ended up missing the last train. Luckily Kokoro was nice enough to give me a ride home. Once I got home I immediately crashed on my bed because I was up for a long time.

Back to reality

Whilst stuck in my own head reflecting back on what happened last night I suddenly felt a very familiar sensation and quickly turned my head behind me only to to find hikawa who looked like she was trying to get my attention

Sayo: Oh L/N- San I didn't think you would notice me! 

she was a little surprised by how fast I reactws and noticed her so quickly. 

Y/N: Trying to sneak up on me now are we? I said with a bit of smug in my voice 

Sayo: n-n-no! that wasn't my intention she said while looking away

Y/N: Sureeeee....anyways what's up Hikawa?

Sayo: Nothing in particular really, I figured I'd walk with you seeing as that we’re both heading same way to the same place anyways

Y/N: ah I see...

Our walk to school was very quiet. We had nothing to say until Sayo broke the ice...

Sayo: ...sooo...Umm...

Y/N: Yes Hikawa...?

Sayo: I never knew you could play guitar like that.. she said 

Ahh... I knew she was gonna bring up something about my musical abilities...

Y/N: Yeah I guess I'm pretty good...

Sayo: You call that pretty good? 

Y/N: yeah...

Sayo: I see...how long have you been playing guitar? 

Y/N: about a year

Sayo: only took you a year? And you're able to produce that kind of sound! 

Y/N: yeah is there something wrong with that...?

Sayo:...it's just that... nevermind 

Y/N: Yeah I was surprised that people enjoyed it despite being so heavy.

Sayo: I will agree, it was a little too heavy. But even so, it sounded very complex

Y/N: yeah I guess you could say that…

Sayo: I see…

It got silent between us again but this time when I Looked at her she seemed somewhat annoyed and a little pissed for some reason. If I had to guess, she must've gotten offended when I said I've only been playing guitar for a year. Based on her reaction I can only assume that this stemmed from the other Hikawa twin I met last night because like Sayo, the other Hikawa was also a guitarist. Could it be that Sayo has an Inferiority Complex? It's just an assumption but ill keep that theory in mind.