Chapter 18 - Secrets

Timeskip: A week later
Location:
CiRCLE

A week went by, and it's been super busy for me as of late. The student council has been busy with a lot of upcoming projects for the school, which meant more responsibilities, a lot of paperwork, and a lot of financial management on my end. It got busy to the point where I would spend most of my lunch in the student council office with the rest of the student council to save time after school.

As for work, it was the same as with the student council. With World Idol Fest coming up and the fact that we had to support pastel palettes, it meant more maintenance for me and a lot of moving to and from CiRCLE to pastel palettes agency. On top of that, there were a lot of bookings this week, most of which came from Roselia. 

On top of all that, there was also Chisato. Ever since that conversation we had last week, Chisato has been coming into the studio and practicing the song. Of course, I was there to support her however I can. It got to the point where I knew when she was coming and would instinctively reserve a studio for her.

Every day at work consisted of me multitasking between helping customers, maintenance, and tutoring Chisato. I've heard Chisato play the song so much to the point where I'm pretty sure if I picked up the bass right now, I could play it.

As of right now, things had just calmed down, and I am in the studio sitting on a chair across from Chisato and just listening to her play. Roselia had left half an hour ago. The good thing about Roselia is that they are always good with cleaning up after they are done, which saved me a lot of time.

While sitting and listening to Chisato, I noticed that she has been doing a lot better to play out of instinct. She looked a lot more comfortable playing the song, better than where she was last week. She stopped looking at her bass and started feeling the bass and feeling the song. After a few weeks of struggling, she was able to clear the song.

Chisato: How was that?

Y/N: Awesome! Looking at how you played, I can already tell that you can just play it instinctively without thinking.

Chisato: I'm glad.

She said as she sighed in relief.

Y/N: Now that the hard part is over, all you have to do now is add singing. It should be easy for you since you've spent most of your time building up muscle memory.

Chisato: Right. I'm going to take a break first before we get started on the next part.

Y/N: Well, if that's the case, then here.

I opened my bag and handed her a bottle of water.

Chisato: Thank you.

Y/N: Mmhm

Chisato takes a drink of the water, damn near finishing it all. Understandably, she would be exhausted because she's been practicing relentlessly. I'm just glad that she's finally easing up.

Chisato: Hey L/N-San…

Y/N: Hmm?

Chisato: I just want to say thank you for everything you've done up until this point.

Y/N: I appreciate it, but don't thank me just yet. It's not over. There's still the singing aspect we still have to cover.

Chisato: Right… Well, then let's get to it, shall we?

Y/N: Don't be so hasty. Take a few more minutes to relax.

Chisato: I'll be fine.

Chisato puts the water bottle down and picks up her bass.