Chapter 14 - Trials and Tribulations

Location:
school path

After a hectic week I was able to start fresh. Last night I was so exhausted both emotionally and physically to the point I was knocked out right after I talked to my dad. 

With the whole Kokoro thing running through my mind I thought I'd let things be for now till I can find the time to reconnect. 

Sayo: Good morning L/N-San. 

I looked up and noticed Hikawa also waiting with me to cross the street. I guess my was all deep in my own head that I barely noticed her. 

Y/N: Oh, Hey… 

Sayo:  You sound exhausted. I'm guessing you had a long day at work yesterday?

Y/N: Among other things, yes. 

Sayo: What's that supposed to mean? 

Y/N: Nothing, I just had to deal with a lot yesterday. 

I couldn't tell her about my run-in with the 
Tsurumaki Group so I decided to keep it at that. 

Sayo: Care to share what's going on in your mind? 

Y/N: Oh? So the Ice Queen has a heart after all? That's a shocker. 

I said taking a jab at her. 

Sayo: I'm just trying to be a good colleague. That's all. 

She said trying to keep a cool head. In reality I can tell she was embarrassed. 

Y/N: Sounds to me like you want to be more than just colleagues. 

Sayo: You can assume what you want L/N-San but just know that I meant what i said about being a good colleague. 

Y/N: Sure, let's just assume youre trying to be a colleague, if you want to be my friend all you have go do is ask and even then id have to think about it. 

Sayo: Oh please, who would be friends with someone as insensitive as you? 

Y/N: Lets see, there's Toyama, Ushigome, Yamabuki, Ichigaya, Shirokane, and lets not forget, Udagawa, Imai, Yamato, and Your sister, they seem to get a long with me. 

Sayo just stayed silent as she was at a lost for words. 

Y/N: But all jokes aside. I pretty much was running around town and now I'm stuck helping pastel palettes with their world idol fest concert coming up. 

Sayo: Ah is that so. 

Along the way to school I explained the full details to her about what happened yesterday during work and how I had so much stuff to fix, fully meeting pastel palettes and how I had to coordinate with them for their concert. She did not say a word but rather just let me rant as she just listened to me attentively. 

We got to school and we started our morning meeting as usual. After that the first bell rang and we broke off for homeroom. While walking to my homeroom I noticed Shirasagi walking by. She looks too the side and gives me a small wave. 

Y/N: Hey Shirasagi. 

Chisato: Hey L/N-San, Hey listen, I just want to apologize if we caused you any trouble the other day. I know you were busy yesterday but the girls really couldn't help themselves. 

Y/N: Dont worry about it. Besides, I had the time to spare anyways. They didn't really cause me any trouble at all. 

I said to reassure her that everything was alright. 

Chisato: I still felt bad though. 

Y/N: If anything, call it an opportunity, for the time being we'll be working together, well…i'll be working with Yamato mostly, but thats not the point. The point is, it was a good time to know me and who you're working with.