08. Clueless

Ash and Eli watched as Miguel walked past them in the school hallways.

"He's such a traitor." Rickenberger had glared at the boy as he walked off.

"He's not worth talking about." Ash had said before she rest her head on Eli's shoulder. "And my head kinda hurts, I feel sick."

"Do you want a panadol or anything?" Eli asked her, running his hand over her hair comfortingly.

"Yes please." She answered softly.

"Alright, I have some in my locker." Eli said as he stood up, grabbing ahold of her hand.

The girl gave him a small smile before they walked off, hand in hand, towards Eli's locker.

"He completely abandons us for her." Red grumbled out in annoyance. "He doesn't know about the bros before hoes motto?"

"Ash isn't a hoe." Henry had glared at Red before he watched Ash and Eli walk away softly. "She's amazing."

The boys exchanged a glance at this before they shrugged, engaging in a new convo.

Henry sighed before he joined them.

🥋

"You sure you don't want to go home?" Eli asked as he stood outside of the English classroom with Ash.

"Yeah, I can't miss school." Ash had said with a sigh. "And plus it's not that bad."

"Ash your forehead is hot and you look pale." Eli frowned at her. "I will take you home right now, just say the words."

"I don't wanna drive on that motorcycle, I'll puke." Ash groaned out.

"Then I'll order us an uber." Eli quickly said.

"Us?" Ash asked with a raised brow.

"Yeah, isn't your mom at work?" Eli had responded. "Who else'll take care of you?"

Ash smiled softly, looking to the floor.

Suddenly, the two heard a clear of their throat, turning to see Ben.

"Hey, Ash." Ben had cleared his throat, Ash's eyes widening.

"Hi, Mr. Moon." Ash smiled at the man as he turned to Eli.

"Mr. Moskowitz." Ben had nodded at Eli. "I don't think I have you this, period, do I?"

"Nope." Eli had shook his head. "I was just leaving."

"Bye." Ash had gave him a smile.

"Bye." Eli nodded at her before he walked off.

Ash looked to Ben, giving him a tight-lipped smile before she walked into the classroom.

Ben waited a few seconds, watching Eli walk off before he entered the classroom as well.

🥋

Bell rang, all of the students gathering up their stuff and rushing out of the classroom.

Ash stayed back, walking up to Ben who was still at his desk.

"It isn't what it looks like you know." Ash said with a clear of her throat.