09. Sensei's Gift

"Woah so you guys really broke up?" Stacey asked from the backseat.

Stacey, Ash, Tory, Henry and Eli were driving to karate classes together.

"Yup." Eli answered from the passenger seat with a nod.

Tory looked to Ash with a raised brow as she knew that Ash and Eli were fake dating.

"Yeah but things aren't awkward between us, we're still best friends." Ash said with a nod from where she sat between Tory and Stacey in the backseat.

"That's good, that's good." Stacey nodded awkwardly.

"Why'd you guys break up?" Henry asked as he looked to Eli.

"Figured we were better off as friends." Ash answered as she trailed her hand over her gi. "Let's not talk about it anymore."

The group nodded, everyone going silent.

🥋

"Kyler next time you open your fat mouth, I'm gonna punch you in the balls." Ash had glared at the boy.

"What is it with you and my balls, man?" Kyler huffed in annoyance.

Tory laughed slightly in amusement.

Stacey smiled at her girlfriend, wrapping an arm around her.

Henry watched from behind them, clearing his throat and looking to the side.

"Don't let it get to you, man." Eli told Henry before he looked sadly to Ash. "People can't control who they love."

"Yeah, I know." Henry had nodded, looking to Eli.

Eli hadn't torn his eyes off of Ash yet, even as she was about to disappear into the dojo.

Henry could see that Eli was inlove with Ash even though they had broken up.

"Trust me, I know." Henry repeated sadly before they pushed inside the dojo.

The kids dropped off their stuff at the door before making their way into the dojo.

They all were shocked at the sight of Robby Keene.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Eli stepped forward towards Robby in anger.

"Hold on there." Kreese said as he raised a finger. "Mr. Keene is our guest."

Eli clenched his jaw at this, looking to Ash who looked to him as well.

"Sensei, Can I talk to you?" Eli muttered out.

Kreese hummed with a nod, walking towards his office.

Eli cast one last glance to Ash before he walked after his sensei.

Ash watched the boy walk off before she looked to Robby.

Robby cast them all an awkward glance before he walked off towards the back room.

"There he goes." Tory had hummed out.

"I feel bad for him, he's been alone ever since." Ash had frowned before she turned to Henry. "Maybe he needs someone to talk to."

"Yeah that could do him some good." Henry had nodded before he looked at all the girls to see thy were staring at him, the boy furrowing his eyebrows at this. "Why are you guys looking at me like that?"

"Maybe he needs someone to talk to him, man to man." Tory had said in a duh tone.

"Oh." Henry pieced two and two together before he rolled his eyes. "Fine, I'll talk to him."