02. Dinner Crashers

Ash jogged downstairs to see her mom drinking coffee.

"Morning." Ash murmured as she made her way to the coffee her mother had made, pouring herself some into her cat mug.

"Morning." Sia replied with a hum. "Miss Mittens still sleeping?"

"Yeah." Ash replied as she turned to her mom. "She's been sleeping a lot lately."

"It's probably nothing." Sia soothed her daughter as she stood up, walking towards the sink.

Ash rest her back against the counter, sipping her coffee and scrolling through her phone.

"You headed to karate?" Sia asked her daughter, washing her cup

"In an hour." Ash replied, still scrolling through her phone.

"Okay." Sia nodded at that. "But be sure to come home before seven, we're havving dinner at the Moskowitz's."

"Mom." Ash turned to her mother with a clenched jaw. "You know Eli and I aren't on good terms."

"I do know, and I also know that whatever going on is dumb." Sia said to het daughter, Ash scoffing and rolling her eyes. "You and Eli are best friends, too good friends to be behaving like this."

"Mom, a few months ago, you hated his guts." Ash raised a brow at her mother as she rest her cup of coffee on the counter.

"I didn't hate him, I was just cautious of him." Sia glared at her daughter. "I got to know him and he's a good kid, Ash. You shouldn't be treating him like this. He still cares about you."

Ash inhaled deeply, looking to her mom. "I am not in the mood for this right now. I'm gonna go hang out with Stacey."

"Ash." Sia called out to the girl, Ash turning to face her mother. "Be sure to be there at six tonight."

Ash scoffed, shaking her head.
"Oh my god."

She then stomped up the stairs to collect her stuff.

Sia sighed, taking the cup of coffee Ash had placed on the counter before emptying out the coffee into the sink.

🥋

The Cobra Kais stood on the mat in two rows facing each other.

They did the Miyagi-Do blocks that Robby was teaching them to do.

"There's a reason Miyagi-Do is difficult to learn." Robby had said as he walked between the students. "These blocks are incredibly precise. Each one is designed to overcome a specific attack."

Robby stopped infront of Ash, the girl raising a brow at him.

"Show me wax-on, wax-off." Robby said as he got into fighting stance, Ash doing the same.

Robby threw two punches at Ash, the girl strongly and easily using the wax-on, wax-off technique to block them.

Ash gave him a smug look before continuing the techniques everuone else was doing.

Robby stood up straight. "The more you learn Miyagi-Do, the tougher you are to defeat."

"Except for one tiny flaw." Kreese spoke up as he walked to the front of the class, causing everyone to stop what they were doing and stand up straight. "Their entire style is reactive which means all their moves are counter-moves. That means that we are in control and we can use that to set traps."