09. Attempted Revenge

"Going karate today?"

Ash looked up from packing her bag to see Conrad who was leaned against her doorframe, one of his hand sliding up and his other hand tucked into his pocket.

He was shirtless, his pajama pants hanging dangerously low on his waist.

"Yeah." Ash had answered as she avoided looking at the boy's abs.

Over the days that have passed of Conrad living in her house, the two had caught each other up on their lives and managed to grow back their bond.

This time, the bond being even stronger.

"Everyone's out, so it's going to be just me when you leave." Conrad had sighed as he walked into the room, sitting down on Ash's bed. "I'm going to be so bored."

"I'm sure you'll think of ways to amuse yourself." Ash had hummed as she turned to the boy with a smirk.

Conrad had smirked back on her, Ash rolling her eyes.

Mittens had suddenly jumped unto Conrad's lap, purring as she rubbed against his stomach.

"Hi baby." Conrad had smiled as he rubbed the cat's ear. "Oh how I missed you."

There it was, the sweet genuine smile.

"More than me?" Ash had asked, tilting her head as she sat right next to Conrad.

There was no space between them, Ash almost being sat on top of him.

"Well, Mittens never cancelled on our plans before so..." Conrad had smirked as he looked up to Ash, still petting Mittens.

Ash stared at him, glancing down to his smirking lips before looking back to Mittens.

"What?" Conrad had asked with a raised brow as Mittens had jumped off of his lap.

"Nothing." Ash brushed off the boy as she tucked a stray band of hair behind her ear.

"No, what is it?" Conrad had pushed as he scooted over on the bed and turned his body to fully face Ash which somehow made them closer in proximity. "I'm curious."

"Curiosity killed the cat." Ash had told Conrad with a smirk as she scooted away from Ash on the bed and turned her body to face Conrad as well.

"But satisfaction brought it back." Conrad had smirked back knowingly.

"Well, you're not dead so I guess you're not curious enough." Ash had hummed out as she looked to the boy and scrunched her nose.

Conrad smirked as he stared at her, his eyes not being able to look at one of her eyes as they kept switching between them.

Suddenly, Conrad had flew back on the bed with a yell and shut his eyes tightly as he clutched his chest with his hand.

Ash yelped in surprise as it was so sudden.

"Connie!" Ash had exclaimed with a laugh.

"I'm dead!" Conrad had exclaimed before he lay still.

"Conrad, stop being an ass." Ash had laughed as she poked him in the ribs.

The boy smirked, but kept his eyes shut and continued to play dead.

"Conrad." Ash pouted as she poked him once more, the boy continuing to play dead. "Come on, how can I make you alive again?"

"Only satisfaction can bring me back." Conrad had said in a sing-song voice.

"Didn't know you were a cat." Ash murmured out before she sighed.