08. Prom

"I remember my Prom days." Sia had said as she looked at the three girls.

"Mom, oh my god." Ash rolled her eyes. "Privacy's a thing, you know."

"Oh I just wanna see my beautiful daughter and her beautiful friends in their dresses." Sia pouted as she sat on the chair in the middle of the VIP private dressing room they had gotten since Sia and Tory both worked here.

"Shouldn't you be working?" Ash asked with a raised brow to the woman.

"I'm on lunch break." Sia hummed out. "Now come on and try the dresses!"

Ash sighed before she turned to the two girls who shrugged.

"Fine." Ash groaned out, causing her mother to squeal and clap her hands together.

🥋

"So how are you and Eli?" Sia asked as her daughter sat on the round seat in the middle of the room.

Stacey and Tory were in one of the changing rooms, curtain closed, as they got into their dresses.

"Mom, are you serious." Ash rolled her eyes.

"He's good for you, you know." Sia had said as she filtered throigh the dresses on the rack that the girls were trying on.

"You literally hated him." Ash had noted with a raised brow.

"That was him in his rebellious phase." Sia rolled her eyes. "You know, I just thought that you two would date, you would get attached and he would break your heart and leave you shattered into a million pieces."

Ash jumped her brows at that with an annoyed look on her face.

"But you're not the one with the broken heart." Sia had said knowingly.

"What are you talking about, mom?" Ash rolled her eyes.

"Does it make me a bad mother
to say that I wish it was you
instead of him?" Sia asked as she walked towards Ash, sitting next to her.

Ash furrowed her brows as she looked to her mother.

"Eli's heart isn't broken." Ash said with a shake of her head.

"But it is." Sia hummed out as she stood up. "My lunch break is over, I'll cash you guys up, just call me when you're done."

And before Ash could say anything more, her mom left.

Ash was left there all alone with her confused thoughts.

"How do I look?" A voice rung out and Ash looked to see Stacey.

"You look great." Ash grinned as she stood up, walking towards Stacey who was walking towards a mirror in the corner of the room.

"We're gonna own Prom." Ash grinned as she stared at Stacey through the mirror.

"I don't know about that." Stacey had sighed out, causing Ash to look to her in confusion.

"What do you mean?" Ash asked the girl.

"I just- I just know that Sam is going to be there and her and Tory and gonna fight it out as usual and I hope they don't and I'll talk to Tory but I don't know, I just feel like she won't listen because-" Stacey turned to make sure Tory wasn't listening in. "Sometimes I feel like all Tory cares about is her stupid rivalry with Sam."