xxiii. scandals 1.2

"I'm so proud of you, my son."

"No," Arthit shakes his head and pushes his mother away from him who looks very surprised but catches herself before she falls. "I didn't do this."

She scoffs. She then gracefully walks back with her husband and father-in-law. "You did, why did you think you were there with them? I told you, you were there for a reason and you successfully did it, surprisingly."

Arthit ignores his family snickering at him. 

"How? Our conversation at the beach. How did you record that? We're alone. Were you spying on me? You had us followed?" But the voice recording is clear, it's as if it's recorded from a short-range. It's like Arthit has the recorder. 

His mother only smirks. Arthit frowns and holds onto his smartwatch given to him by his parents when he turned 18. For some reason, he already knows the answer to his own question. 

A part of him believes he did do this to Kongpob. It's his fault. Even when the wristband has been with him for years, Arthit shouldn't have been complacent especially knowing how his family thinks. But he has had this for years and nothing happened until now, maybe because this is the only time the device use a use on them. The only time Arthit has a use. 

Arthit shouldn't have trusted his family but how could he have known he is special when every family member has this exact wristband? It's like their family heirloom or something. And Arthit takes importance of everything his family has given him. 

"Relax. We didn't listen to some of your personal conversations, your parents wouldn't do that to you, son, it's still your privacy after all. Only those which are important to us like the Suthilak heir confessing he's a drug addict," Mrs. Rojnapat snickers. "I knew that kid's dumb."

Arthit grits his teeth from defending Kongpob's reputation, he has to know everything first. 

"Did you do something? Since the very start? At the club? You had me followed?"

"Of course, as the heir, your safety is our priority. Shouldn't you be thanking us instead, Arthit? After all, you called the kid," She clicks her tongue against her teeth. "What was it that you called him again?"

"Damned creep," his father helps.

"Ah yes. Thank you, dear. Now the world knows that the Suthilak heir is nothing but that, a damned creep."

"No. No, that's not true. He was drunk and he'd already apologized to me for that. You cut the part when I kicked and punched him, didn't that mean that I am a violent person?"

"He deserved it for forcing you into that kiss. Why are you defending someone like him?"

"That didn't look like that the first time you-" Arthit's lips form into a tight line. His family made it look like they were secretly in a relationship the first time to get him close to Kongpob. Of course. That was the plan from the very start, to spy on them.

What Arthit just can't understand is why the Suthilak was very eager to welcome him into their home. And why is that Kongpob's mother still sounded gently when Arthit received her message? Shouldn't she be mad at Arthit since technically, Arthit's the reason they're going through a lot now?

"And Nam? Was she-" Arthit can't say it, Namtan's his friend, he's been with her through a lot so it doesn't make sense why she'd betray him all of a sudden but with his life turning upside down, Arthit doesn't know who to trust anymore. 

"Who? The model? She wasn't," Arthit sighs in relief. "But that kiss stint you did help a lot to complete our narrative. I'm sure the Suthilak heir must be out of his mind and brokenhearted thinking you pretended to fall for him just to destroy his family."