xii. protect your heart

"They'll come with us?" Kongpob asks, who's leaned on his car while waiting outside the university when Arthit and his group of friends walk up to him. 

Arthit stares at Kongpob's face, trying to figure out his expression. Is Kongpob disappointed (like Arthit is) that his friends are with them and they won't enjoy the 'date' alone together?

"Yeah? Is that fine with you?"

Arthit ignores the screaming in his head, hoping and begging, that Kongpob would say no so Arthit and he will be alone... But it's not because Arthit wants to be with Kongpob alone... No! He hates Kongpob!

Arthit just doesn't want to be with Bright because Bright is annoying and Tutah! Yes! That's Arthit's reason. 

Kongpob's face lights up into a smile. "Yeah, sure! The more, the merrier!"

Arthit bites his inner cheek and buries the disappointment in his chest. 

He's pretty sure it's not really a disappointment, he's just mad that his sources of annoyance are joining forces.

"Great!" Tutah squeals and tries to open the door of Kongpob's car. 

"Wait, no!" Arthit holds Tutah from going in the car. 

Arthit blushes in embarrassment when all pairs of eyes settle on him. "I'll drive Kongpob's car," he dully adds.

Oh god! What the hell was that?! Why is he blurting out these embarrassing words all of a sudden?! Where is it coming from?

"Yeah? So?" Prem raises his eyebrow. 

"Yeah, Oon. Can't I join you two in the car? I can sit on the passenger's seat or on the back seat with Kongpob, is that fine Kongpob?" Arthit mentally scoffs when Tutah looks at the younger as if the latter hung the moon for him. 

Arthit wants to roll his eyes at Tutah but he holds himself. He doesn't want to be misunderstood. He just wants to save Tutah away from Kongpob because the younger is promiscuous... Tutah doesn't deserve someone like Kongpob. 

Kongpob's smile widens as he eagerly nods. "Sure, I'm pretty sure P'Arthit doesn't want me beside him. It'll give people the wrong idea."

Arthit grits his teeth.

Stupid Kongpob! Stupid Tutah! Stupid! Stupid! 

"I don't want to look like your driver so no! You are not sitting beside Tutah on the back seat!"

Bright laughs at Arthit's frustrated face. "Ah, now I understand what this is. Arthit is jealous because Tutah's hoarding Kongpob's space that should be Arthit's."

Kongpob quickly turns his head to look at Arthit with an amused smile- his eyes turning into adorable crescents and his lips in a soft smile. 

"Is that it P'? You don't want to share me with P'Tutah? I didn't know you're this possessive of me. Baby, you should have told me earlier, you do know you're the only one for me, right? Don't be jealous now." Kongpob jokingly leans in for a kiss, to tease the older, but Arthit pushes him away. 

"Of course not! I just don't want Tutah to join us in the car because he has an annoying habit of changing the music every second. Plus, you have your own car, Tutah, use it!"

"You have your own car too," Tutah responds, his eyes challenging. 

Arthit grits his teeth as he thinks of several more reasons, ready to shoot it all to Tutah but good thing though, Knot, Arthit's real friend who can read his expression very well fortunately cuts the tension.