xiv. feelings? what feelings?

⚠ internalized homophobia

//

Two months have passed and in those months, Arthit learned a lot from Kongpob. Suddenly, Kongpob's not the same annoying brat whom Arthit met in a very unconventional circumstance anymore. 

Kongpob's not the reason for Arthit's misfortune anymore. He's not the same guy who Arthit perceives as someone hopping from person to another. Kongpob doesn't go to the bar since he met Arthit, he always stays with Arthit in his room, reading some business-related books to help Arthit review especially when he has exams. 

Kongpob insists to help the older although he has exams of his own because he said it's to lessen the stress Arthit has from simultaneously taking up minimal music units to prepare himself if he's to take a full music course in the future. 

Also, Arthit took it upon himself to teach Kongpob ukulele because the poor kid is still strumming it following no actual chords. 

In those shared nights, with books and music sheets scattered on the floor, Arthit decided to learn more about Kongpob's life, specifically his past, by asking him several questions. 

"Kongpob," Arthit stopped positioning the younger's fingers on the frets. "How did you come around with the paparazzi writing everything you do?"

It's why Arthit agreed with Namtan when she told him not to publicize their relationship because he didn't want his life to be a national topic. 

But there was Kongpob, instigating the news by going on different bars and letting the paps photograph him with different people. 

"I didn't want to accept it but I wasn't given a chance. Since I was a kid, I was followed everywhere, people expected me to be perfect since I'm the heir," Kongpob continued playing the basic chords Arthit taught him. 

"I wanted them to see that I'm not and that I'm a normal human who makes mistakes and have fun so I did all those, but it all backfired to me and like I said, I don't want to do anything to change it what people perceive of me because I know, the more I do, the more it will be worse for me."

At that time, Arthit realized they have lots of things shared in common. Both of them are caged in a responsibility they both wanted to get out of. But it's their fate so they have nothing to do but to accept it. The only difference they have is how they faced it— Kongpob faces it with a mask of happiness Arthit didn't realize Kongpob too is having a tough time. 

Since then, Arthit began to see Kongpob in a different light. He tried to understand the younger more and he's shocked to find that Kongpob isn't as shallow as Arthit perceived him to be. He's opinionated and deeply connected with the world like Arthit is. 

Gradually, without Arthit knowing, Kongpob becomes his confidante, his solace, and his friend.

His best friend. 

Arthit doesn't know why but he feels very comfortable and calm whenever Kongpob's beside him, probably because he's been sharing a room with Kongpob for the past 3 months.

Arthit is secretly glad he met Kongpob, although he would have liked it better if it were to be in a different situation. 

Kongpob is suddenly this cool and funny kid Arthit likes talking with.

However, although Arthit sees Kongpob differently now, there are still times when they would fight. Those times mean every night before going to sleep because Kongpob likes teasing the older. 

Sometimes, Kongpob waits for Arthit on the older's bed while he takes a shower with an annoying smile on his face just because he knows Arthit dislikes having someone else, especially Kongpob, on his sheets. Kongpob doesn't go away until Arthit kicks him out.