i. caught in the act

Kongpob is having the worst day of his life.

Not only does he have a terrible headache from his hangover after partying hard last night, but his mother also finds it the right time to shout at the top of her lungs Kongpob's sure even their neighbors can hear her punishing her own son because of a 'heinous' act Kongpob doesn't remember doing.

"Mae, please shut up for a while," Kongpob groans out, massaging his temples, but that only makes her mother raise her voice to another decibel.

"Shut up?! You dare to tell me to shut up?! Look at what you did! What were you thinking?! Wait until your father gets a hold of this scandal, or worse, our partners! What will our partners think of us?! That we're mixing with the enemies?! You..."

Kongpob tunes out her voice, by now, he's memorized every single word his mother told him for the past few hours of her scolding him ever since she woke him up by pouring him a bucket of cold water.

Partners. Enemies. Scandal. Those evil Rojnapats.

Your father will hear about this bla bla bla... Kongpob had enough of her since the minute she started screaming at him.

Kongpob looks at the photograph in front of him— it's set outside the bar he was at last night. It's blurry just like any paparazzi photograph there is and even Kongpob himself wouldn't discern who is who if not for the big bold caption attached to it.

The caption Kongpob has been reading for the past few hours but his boggled brain can't fathom anything so he decided to read it again this time.

"Kongpob Suthilak, the heir to SK, captured having a passionate kiss with Arthit Rojnapat, the heir to the rival company;
Is this the beginning of world peace? Or is this the beginning of a real-life Romeo and Juliet? || turn to page 7 for the whole story."

It says.

And wow Kongpob understands it now but still, he can't remember that exact scene, that feeling, that kiss... was it good? The headline says 'passionate' but from the looks of it, it definitely looks like it's forced.

But yeah, it's truly a scandal, he can understand his mother now.

It's okay for Kongpob to be photographed kissing a man though, there's nothing new with that, he is bisexual after all. The new and very scandalous thing though is that he was caught kissing an enemy... oh the horror...

Kongpob kissed the heir of the family his family's rivaling with for decades. The sole enemy of their family.

So, yeah.

He is fucked.

Utterly fucking fucked.

Kongpob groans at the thought and rubs his face with his hands. His sudden realization and frustration catch his mother's attention. His mother smirks realizing that her son finally understood what he did.

"So now you realized your mistake young man? I don't have a problem with you kissing a guy but you're caught doing frick frack with an enemy, do you understand the complication of your situation?"

Kongpob rolls his eyes, expect his mother to exaggerate everything. "It wasn't a frick frack Mae, we were just kissing. How the hell do you even know that word anyway?"

"I know you are attracted to guys, son, and you know that we accept that but what I can't accept is this secret affair with a Rojnapat. A Rojnapat of all people! Why are you hiding this from us?!"

Suddenly, her voice softens contradicting the contempt in her next words. "Are you afraid we're going to stop this insanity of yours? Well yes, be afraid because our family is never going to accept this relationship. Never!"