xvi. past is past; ex is ex

"Kyle!" Kongpob happily greets. 

Too happy to Arthit's liking. Too happy than what Kongpob's supposed to react when seeing an ex... and oh my god right in front of Arthit?! Ha. The audacity of this guy. 

Just because Arthit was ignoring him earlier doesn't give Kongpob the right to flirt with his ex especially when the boyfriend is here... The fake boyfriend, that is. 

Still! Kongpob's being disrespectful not only to Arthit but to himself as well. Arthit believes in the rule that one shouldn't get back with an ex. They are called an ex for a reason because they are the wrong person for you. 

"Hey, Kong! Great to see you!" Kyle greets back with a laid-back smirk. 

Arthit assumes that smirk is for him, mocking him because Kongpob sounds so happy seeing him. 

Arthit scoffs and mentally rolls his eyes at him. Kyle thinks he's so cool with his smirk, well, he's not! He looks stupid... and an idiot... and dumb! Yeah, he's all those words. 

"Great to see you too, man!" 

To Arthit's astonishment and worsening mood, Kongpob takes a step probably to hug Kyle but they won't know what he's planned to do because Arthit is there to stop their 'love story' from blossoming again. Arthit mentally rolls his eyes at that comparison, he feels like a witch trapping Kongpob in a tower from getting to his prince charming.

Kyle? Prince charming? Ew.

"Kong," Arthit warns with gritted teeth. He wraps his hand around Kongpob's waist and pulls the younger back to his side. 

Kongpob chuckles, winding his arm around Arthit's shoulder. "Sorry, my boyfriend's very possessive."

"Fake boyfriend," Kyle counters, smirk widening when he sees Arthit furiously blushing at being reminded that Kongpob's not his. 

The hell? This smug arrogant guy! Kyle is born to annoy the hell out of Arthit, isn't he? That's his purpose in life. 

"Why you!" Arthit quickly roams his eyes around to make sure no one heard him. 

Fortunately, they're at the part of the hotel where no one comes, or else, this confrontation will be on the front page again because people love feasting on news and drama they shouldn't be concerned about.

It just so happens that Kyle is here as well, Arthit's not shocked anymore, cockroaches have sharp senses. 

Kyle reaches for Kongpob's wrist and tries pulling Kongpob to his side. "Leave your boring fake boyfriend be. Have fun with me instead."

Arthit tightens his hold around Kongpob. "He's with me. He went here with me so he's going to have fun with me. Me!"

Kyle still hasn't let go of Kongpob. 

But Kyle finally looks at Arthit, his expression changing from smug to frustrated. What? Does he think Arthit's going to give Kongpob up? 

"What changed? When I last saw you two, you are so disgusted at Kong. You even threw those paper towels at him. You were a diva to him, now you want him to stay by your side like a dog? Why?" Kyle pulls Kongpob a bit. "Did your parents force you to stay with him to keep up the pretense? For your company?"

"Kongpob's staying with me."

And that's final! No matter what Kyle said about doing this for the company, or whatever. Kongpob won't be going anywhere, not on Arthit's watch. 

All the time, Kongpob is looking at them with an amused expression. Damn it! It feels good to be fought over. He feels very important. 

But Kyle isn't giving up as well. "I bet you're already disgusted and mad at having to stay with Kongpob so I'm going to take him from you for a while. I promise you, nobody won't see us. We'll be very careful. Or, we can just stay in my room, we'll try to stay quiet."