xxv. scandals 1.4

⚠ Bullying Kongpob (poor bby) like destroying him, too much hate, threats, triggering words, too much wokeness 😤 just too much. 

//

Kyle Chailangka. Despite many people telling him he's snobbish, arrogant, cold-hearted, a businessman through and through, and self-centered, with Arthit included, is actually not.

Okay yeah, well, he is, most of the time. 

But, he may not have the Suthilak heir's charming personality that everyone digs nor the Rojnapat heir's grumpy yet adorable character and a hidden soft spot, Kyle too has a redeeming personality. He can be nice too, just to the people he likes. Loves. To Kongpob most especially. And what he only knows is that Kyle is a martyr.

Kyle sighs when he sees an unknown number calling him. He knows it's Arthit. A part of him screams to ignore him and change his number so Arthit won't bother him again. Why should he bother with their love story, anyway? Kyle should be happy they're having a fallout. This is what he's been dreaming. 

Kyle sighs to himself when he answers it anyway. Stupid. "Hello?"

"Chail- Kyle? Is Kongpob okay?" Kyle mentally winces hearing Arthit's lonely and sad voice. 

He rolls his eyes. Why should he pity this guy? He and Arthit are rivals in more ways than one. They hate each other's guts. The only reason why he helped Arthit was because he wanted to avenge the Suthilak... and also because it's going to help his family's business. 

Kyle considers lying to Arthit. Tell him Kongpob has already moved on so Arthit will back away once and for all. And of course, Kyle will swoop in to help Kongpob move on from Arthit and they'll be finally happy and serious together. See? Nice plan. Everybody is happy, him mostly. Yey!

But, Kyle is no liar. Okay, well yeah, most of the times, he is but only on occasions that needed lying. And, like he said, he's a martyr. He wants to see the guy he loves happy even if in another guy's arms and even if it pains him a lot. Stupid and a martyr. 

"He's not okay," Kongpob really isn't. It's obvious how lonely and sad he is, like Arthit. Kyle mentally shakes his head. Those two, wanting him to play their fairy godmother in their fairy tale love story. 

"He's still on house arrest, his parents insisted. He can't leave the house because of the public, they might hurt him."

"D-do you think he wants to..." Arthit pauses.

Kyle groans. He already knows where this is going. "I'll talk to him for you. I'll see what I can do."

"Thank you! Thank you so much."

"Whatever. This isn't free."

Kyle ends the call, not waiting for the other's response. He then goes back to Kongpob's room where he sees the younger sadly smiling as he watches something on his laptop. Kyle doesn't have to see it to know that it's the montage he made for Arthit. Kongpob has always watched the video every day since the scandal. 

Kyle sits beside the younger and rolls his eyes seeing Arthit's happy face staring at Kongpob while he tries to tell the younger to stop because he looked ugly with his perfectly styled hair and dressed up self. Arthit acted as if he didn't want to be filmed when it's obvious he loved Kongpob's attention on him. Typical Arthit. 

Kyle mentally groans when the video continues with Arthit close to tearful as they try parasailing with Kongpob half laughing and half consoling the older. 

Kyle wants to laugh out loud albeit with the pain and jealousy he feels at Arthit. He's laughing but Kyle's very jealous and yeah, he'd give anything to replace Arthit on that video.