xxvii. aftermath

"... You're all I have." Arthit whispers just as Kongpob ends the call. Arthit throws his phone on the bed and covers himself with the thick blanket, wrapping his arms around him.

Oddly, even when Arthit feels very sad feeling the inside of his chest squeezed in pain, Arthit doesn't feel like crying. It's just very heavy inside. Either because his tears have dried up from all the crying he'd done in days or his brain hasn't realized yet Kongpob and he are done or he still hopes he could fix his situation with Kongpob.

Maybe Kongpob is mistaken. Maybe Kongpob will regret ending things with him. Because Kongpob loves him, right?

Because Kongpob's all he has. Arthit has his friends but they don't understand half of his feelings. Kongpob does. He should've. Arthit thought if he just did everything to show his support to Kongpob, he'd called him and they'd start comforting each other. And they'd go back to what they were before. 

He remembers Kongpob telling him he will fight for them against his family. Arthit sadly smiles. Guess Kongpob has a limit because Kongpob can't fight for them against the public whereas Arthit's willing to sacrifice everything he has for Kongpob. 

In fact, he already did. He was disinherited for fighting against his family to avenge Kongpob but the younger still broke up with him. Arthit feels bitter. He went through all the trouble with his family but this is all he gets in return. 

Kongpob also told him that he and his family will always be with Arthit. That Arthit's part of their family as well. Now, he's lost them as well. 

In 2 weeks, Arthit had already lost two families. 

Life is very cruel to him. 

He doesn't remember doing anything evil in his life. He did everything he could to be the best son, best boyfriend, and best friend to everyone but no matter how nice he had been, life didn't treat him the same way. 

Arthit surprised even himself when his friends had visited him late that day. Arthit is sat on the bed, quiet and taking in his surroundings with his head bowed down. His friends are busy tinkering with their phones or talking to each other, ignoring Arthit's silence as they're already used to him thinking to himself. 

"Kongpob broke up with me earlier," Arthit announces quietly when silence takes over his room.

"What?" Prem whispers looking up from his phone to see if Arthit's serious. The others stop doing their businesses as well. 

"He did. Earlier. He called me just to break up with me."

"Through the phone?" Tutah grits his teeth and almost screams out in frustration. "What? That asshole pretending to be a prince. Here you are busy defending him and what did he do? Broke up with you." 

Tutah is very disappointed at Kongpob now. He doesn't believe all those rumors, he didn't judge Kongpob when his dark past was exposed. Tutah saw him the same way he did before the scandal started but this is where he draws the line. 

Arthit shakes his head and looks up at them. "It's fine. I don't blame him, I get it! I get him."

"Why? What did he say?" Knot. 

"He didn't say anything. He told me he didn't want to explain it to me, I get it, maybe he's still thinking to himself. He wants to be alone, he wants me to leave him be."

Their eyebrows scrunch and they look at each other in confusion. For someone who's broken up with their boyfriend, Arthit's expression looks positively clear. He doesn't look like he just cried. 

"Arthit, are you okay?"

"Yes!" Arthit gives his friends an awkward smile. 

"Do you want to drink out? Do you want to talk about this? You can talk to us about what you're feeling right now. Let it all out." Knot.