Back Story

March 2nd - 1110

Dust roaming the air, suffocatingly dry and stuffy. A huge castle at the top of the hill is out of reach from it all because the higher you are the further away you are from the dying town, barricaded with stone and wooden doors, no outsider was to step inside. Inside the castle lived a father and mother with their twin sons, identical in most ways. Cain and Abel both had light brown eyes, almost yellow, dark brown hair both cut short, pinkish lips and a smile that drew all the ladies to them, the difference was one was devious and manipulative, the other was loving and affectionate. In the castle, they both had fallen for a beautiful maiden staying with them as she had been orphaned at their doorstep, so virtuous and perfect. Her eyes were blue like crystal sparkling without the sun's light, her hair was long and wavy, the tone brownish blonde, her heart stolen by both Cain and Abel. Her name was Caroline, she was a fallen angel forced out of heaven, her attitude in Heaven was not accepted, he wiped her memory and took away her powers. "Cain? Might you help me with my dress?" He awkwardly smiles, "Of course milady." Buckling her up into her dress she turns around the dress spinning smoothly, She giggles sweetly. "Thank you." His left hand timidly rubs the back of his neck, "You're welcome, is there anything else I can help you with?" She smiles and trails down his draw line, "Would you like there to be more?" He twitches, staring at her intensely. "Don't be afraid to take what you want Cain, I am not Abel's wife." He moves in closer but his actions are skittish so she draws nearer and kisses him, he pulls her waist closer and she runs her hands through his hair. Abel stops and he looks at them astonished, he hides and watches them from behind a wall.

Later that day Abel went sneaking down to her room, "Caroline?" Opening the door slowly she smiles, "Abel!" Throwing the door open in excitement, she hugs him tight. "I haven't seen you all day, where have you been hiding?" He nods, "I thought you might have been spending the day with my brother... I didn't want to interrupt." She leans on the door frame and smiles, "Ah, did you see me and Cain kiss?" He nods in slow motion, "I thought... I thought you liked me Caroline, when I'm with you, I feel it. But today, with my brother." Caroline lifts up his broken-hearted face, "Don't be so silly, I feel for you just the same as I feel for your brother." He holds her head in his hand, "But I want you to love me more, I want you to be mine and I don't want anyone else to touch you, especially my brother." He stutters while moving in closer, "What if he was no longer here?" Caroline looks at him in confusion, "Meaning he dies?" Abel nods, "There are sharp objects around this castle, what if he died, would I be the only one you want?" Caroline runs her fingers down his chest pulling him closer, "Yes, but your brother is here, and you are here. I like having both of you by my side. I can't lose." His eyes diverted to the floor again, "Forget about such things, did you not come here to provide me with your love?" She steps back and he follows her into her room. "Is this not something lovers do?" She shuts the door and walks him to the bed, "We are lovers." He looks up mesmerized, she strokes his face, she turns away from him and points. "Might you help me with this dress, it is such a difficult thing to take off." He nods and unties her, his breath touching her skin and his finger glazing her back.

March 3rd - 1110

Abel sits around the table and looks over at Cain and watches him look at Caroline, Cain clears his throat. "Caroline, what are your plans for today?" She looks towards Cain, "Why? What do you have in mind?" Cain looks to her then to Abel and his words brush out of his mouth. "I'm going on a walk to visit the market if you'd like to-" Abel bangs the table and stands up, "Brother! I would like to discuss something with you, outside." Cain looks at him nodding, "Please excuse me and my brother Caroline." She looks to them both, "I see, well do hurry back or the food will get cold." He walks out with Abel at his side. "She is mine, she has been mine and I won't allow this change! I want no other, stop trying to take her away. You have seen her with me, the things we have done, why do you want something I've already done everything with." Cain looks him in the eyes, "But she has already told me she has not presumed to be yours, meaning I have a chance." Abel pushes his right shoulder, "I do not want to take this any further than it needs to be, don't make me brother. I am telling you from now on that I will not stand by and watch you try to take something I love away from me." Cain steps back. "You don't want to take this further... meaning what brother?" Abel shrugs, "I'd like to think you have the brains to put this information together, and in this case, I'd hope you will step away from the lady as this is not something I will hand over to you." Abel holds the door to the dining room, "Don't come in here, go find something else to do." Abel then walks back in without another word leaving Cain dumbfounded. "I don't think Cain will come back in to join us, so take as much as you want." He sits down and she sulks, "That's a shame, I do like having breakfast with the two of you." Abel grabs the bread. "Abel. Would you like to escort me for a walk today instead?" He sits with his eyes closed, "Of course my lady, I'd be delighted." He opens his eyes and looks at her, "May I ask you a question?" She reaches out for the butter and he collects it for her, "Yes, go ahead Abel." He chops the butter and stands behind her, he leans down with his face next to hers, their faces touch and he whispers in her ear softly. "If I were to ask you to be my bride, would I have the answer I longed for?" She turns and brushes her lips against his, "We are nothing but children." He pecks her top lip, "This is the age of marriage." She kisses him back wildly, holding his head and scavenging through his hair. He pulls back and kisses her once more, "Caroline I have a ring, I am ready to announce myself as yours. Tell me it isn't my brother holding you back, I cannot stand this thing you have with him!" She gets up from her seat and hands him her right hand, "Huh?" She smiles brightly, "Shall we go for our walk now, you did say you'd take me." He nods and takes her hand immediately, she then pulls him and pushes the door to leave.

Creeping behind a wall whispering, "Cain!" Searching for the voice the person shouts again, "Cain!" He spots her head appear and disappear before him, He smiles and runs after her pinning her by the wall. "Why have you been avoiding me? Was it Abel?" Cain loses his smile, "Yes, He doesn't want anyone else to have you, I think you're going to have to choose." She giggles, "That isn't fun! I don't want to pick, I want you both. Cain? Why can't I have you both." Cain moves in closer and she pushes forward and kisses him, he kisses her passionately and pushes her head against the hard stone, "Sorry." She laughs and she shakes her head. "Don't apologise for your pleasure." She plants his face, he moves to her neck and she starts to moan, Her grip on his back was sharp. "Yes, Cain!" Footsteps were getting closer and closer, Cain pulled away and he scattered. "C-" She bites her lip and when she turns around Abel is standing before her, "It's always secretive with him." She grabs his hand, "Abel, Why can I not love you both?" Abel let's go. "I cannot share something I love!" He looks at her furious, "Why can't you just love me, what do I have to do for you to just choose me!" She smiles with compassion. "I'm a free woman, I'm just trying to have fun, please understand that Abel." He shakes his head, "You said if he was not here you'd be all mine, you said those words." She nods, "Abel that is true but I have both of you." He walks away angry.

March 4th - 1110

Searching the house in disarray was Abel. He then found what he was looking for outside, that could do the job. "What are you doing Abel?" He looks up for a second then back down, "What I should have done so long ago!" He pulls it along the hallway, "I have to go, sorry." Caroline runs after him, "Abel wait! You cannot bring such a thing inside." Abel ignores her and finds Cain sitting in his bedroom, "It's amazing, I told you to stay away! I still see you with her. Don't deny it! I cannot take any more lies, any more betrayals. I've wanted to do this for a while, and now, it seems right." Abel locks the door and Cain gets up worried, "Abel, what are you doing?" He drags the axe into both his hands, "We cut trees with this, so I thought... What else can it tear down!" Abel's eyes fill with anger and he lifts it up to him, Cain being the stronger one grabs it mid-air and takes over. "Why? Why do you have to take the one thing I love." Cain tries to take control, "Abel just let go!" Abel tries to give it all his strength and he pushes Cain to the bed, Cain swoops his feet dropping him to the floor, Cain grabs the axe, "Don't do this Abel, we are family." Abel jumps up and tries to grab it back. "Do you honestly think I'd give you her, she was mine first, she was mine!" Cain loses his grip and Abel swings at him, "You really plan to kill me?" Abel tries again and misses. Cain forcefully takes it away and hits him once, he falls to the floor and he repeatedly hits him again and again and again! He lets go and drops to the floor. "What have I done?" He looks around, he looks to the axe that's beside him. In shock he goes to touch Abel, "I didn't mean to- you were, I- What do I do?" Cain rushes up on his feet and unlocks the door, and Caroline goes in screaming, Cain looks back to her and rushes even faster to get away as quick as he could, out in the snow he falls down to his knees. "I made him die..." He repeated those words, over, over and over again until he looked down at the snow and saw only red. An angel sat beside him and grabbed his hand, he looked towards the Angel with tears flowing down his cheek. "Cain, as the first person to commit a murder on this earth you are sentenced to be immortal on this earth for eternity, You cannot die and you will see all your love ones love, and die before you." The angel passes him the green light that leaps into his body, the angel flies away and he falls into the snow unconscious.