Dream Catcher

January 28th - 1952

Waking up with a slither of sunlight shining in her eye was Lillie, as she got up rubbing and rubbing at her eye she then turned to her dream catcher. "What the hell!" A bright light spun constantly, she removed herself from the bed and stood to the wall cautiously, No noise was made but when she looked at the opposite corner to her bed, a tall figure stood still. "What the hell. WHAT THE HELL!" It woke her up even more so, the figure stared at the spinning light without a word. "This is a dream! everything will go, it's just a dream, it's your imagination playing tricks on you! stop panicking, it'll go, it has to. Breathe Lillie, just breathe." Squeezing her eyes tight and calmly counting to 10, slowly lifting her eyelids. "Still there. It's still there." pacing back and forth she remembers the telephone downstairs, she grabs her school clothes then slowly opens the door and slips out, as she starts removing her body to go downstairs she then remembers Nathaniel's phone number is in her school pocket. 'If I go school it'll be gone, but... what if...' she starts turning the numbers, "Okay... Hello? May I speak to Nathaniel please, it's urgent." The girl on the other line goes to collect him. 'Nathaniel speaking?' In relief her voice softens, "Hi, it's Lillie. This is going to sound weird but, I know you do weird things. There's a demon in my house, and my dream catcher-" a scream comes down the phone stopping her from talking, 'Hold on... Tristan!...' She hears a faint conversation between two people, 'I'm not apologising, it could have been you... Oh, Lillie. Give me your address.' he starts taking down her home address and hangs up the phone.

Knock knock, "Hi, it's upstairs in my bedroom, it's the first door up the stairs." Nathaniel, Tristan and Rhain walk in, they all run up and Tristan walks in first. "Hey! Guardian, what are you doing here? and what is that?" Rhain barges in, "Oh. It really is the guardian?" Nathaniel was next, "Guardian... a dream catcher." Tristan walks to the corner waving his hand around at the guardian, "What happened to keeping hidden!" no movement from the guardian was made, "Urgh, He's so annoying." Nathaniel goes to touch the dream catcher and Rhain pulls him back, "Don't touch it! We don't know what it does, and if you get hurt... who knows what will happen." Nathaniel gestures her to put herself forward, "Go ahead." Rhain goes to put her hand in and Tristan pushes her back, stuffing his hand in. "It's a warm sensation... Oh look, I don't think it likes me being inside." Trying to reject his hand he slowly takes it out, "I think Lillie has to do it." Tristan gets up and shakes his hand about, "Are you crazy-" Interfering their conversation, "I think he's right, it probably has to do with the memories. Can you guys just... be here." Lillie puts her hand close and pushes forward, in an instant, she disappears. "Do we jump in with her?" Nathaniel shakes his head then crosses his arms, "I think she needs to do it alone, it's her memories being tangled."

'Wake up!' "Wake up!" "WAKE UP!" shaken by the noise, she tries to open her eyes, but the light is gleaming straight at her, straining to open up. "You're here, I've been waiting." rubbing at her eyes vigorously, "Where?" mystified with her surrounding, "Alina." The memories of being an angel flooded back to her, she stopped breathing and she's trying to gasp for air! her eyes roll back and she drops back, and again she hears a voice asking her to wake up. "WAKE UP!" her eyes open wide, her eyes transform from blue to a golden yellow and then a misty red. Taking in a deep breath she looks around, "I'm an angel.." She gets up and looks in a mirror, and pulls her bottom eyelid down. "My eyes. They're slightly red..." She gets closer, "They are turning completely red!" She goes to touch the mirror and falls in, down into an abyss. Lillie closes her eyes, her body being dragged by a force with a speed so intense. "Open your eyes!" Closing them even tighter, "I cant. I won't!" ...Until she hits down hard onto the cold wet grass, "AHHHHH!" she cries out in agony, curling up into a ball, crying. "Told you to open your eyes, you didn't want to listen." Lillie looks around for the voice, feels her shoulder, and gets up to run through the forest. "I still heal like an angel." When she gets out of the forest she finds a castle. "Knock!" Lillie looks around and goes to the door to knock, she stands at the wooden door that stands before her, she knocks twice then waits. "Hello? huh? Yes of course! come in." You look at him confused then take his hand, "Ahhh!" holding her head, legs bent inwards and she muffles. "I remember you..." She faints still feeling the touch of the man's hand on hers, "WAKE UP!" A tear creeps out her eye, "Caroline?" She screams out and then opens her eyes, "Abel!" She looks around, "Stop! stop this, I remember, I do!" She sits up finding herself in a clear space, "Stop... please. I remember! Please.." She breaks down, punching the floor, Tristan comes flying down towards her. "There you are. Oh, your eyes are red." She looks at him heartbroken, "does that mean-" He kneels and nods, "Yeah I guess so..." She cries out and he takes her hand, "Nobody rescued me." He looks to her confused, "I was cast out- Cain... he's human." He pulls her close to his body, "We have to get out of here, this thing is trying to pull me out." He opens out his wings, "A demon." He gives a quick show of his red eyes then smiles as he flies her out quickly.

Rhain gets closer to the dream catcher, "Nathaniel, it's closing! It's going to close with them both inside." Nathaniel was still leaning on the wall, eyes closed, arms folded. "He shouldn't have gone in." She looks at him, "Then she would have died in there! She was screaming and calling out, how can you say that." Unfazed by her comment she then looks to the dream catcher, "Please come back." He laughs, "You do realise he is the devil's son, meaning, he is evil." She looks to him, "But he went in there to save her." He then smiles and goes back to waiting. The Dream catcher starts making noises startling both Nathaniel and Rhain, she moves back and both Lillie and Tristan stumble out and the dreamcatcher closes, and the guardian leaves instantly. "Her eyes-" Rhain hits Tristan, "What was that for?" Rhain walks away in a rush, "Why did she hit me?" Lillie looks at Nathaniel, "I remember you, Angel Nathaniel. The rightful hand of God, did you come down to return my memories?" Nathaniel looks to her concerned, "I don't know who you are. Red eyes, so a demon." She looks to Tristan, "I feel this connection like I'm missing something." She moves towards him, "I was an angel, but father cast me out because of my plans... That's weird, I can't remember them at this moment in time. But, he threw me to the humans and cursed me to forget every 7 years and stripped me of my angelic abilities, and that is why I'm a demon... '' Nathaniel gleamed with joy, "He couldn't give you to the devil himself. why?" She looks him in the eye, "That part of my past pains me every time I try and remember what I have done to deserve such treatment." He took a deep breath and then asked, "What was your angel name?" She then repeats the name and Nathaniel breaks down in pain and suffering, "Oh, wait that's so cool! Can I say her name and get that same reaction? Alina!" He bangs against the floor and screams out, "Demon! Leave." He smirks widely, "But you, me and Alina were just about to have fun." He screams again and reaches out for Tristan, "Stop! Please, stop it. I'm asking you nicely, demon!" his eyes are sincere and delicate Tristan decides to walk away gracefully, He pushes himself to get off the floor. "I guess that means my memory has been erased too." She sits down on her bed, "I've had so many parents, and I just disappeared out of their lives." pondering all the new information she just got told, "You don't seem evil, nor do you seem like the type to go against God himself." She shakes her head, "I'm a horrible person, I think it's because I've done so many lives that my mind stops remembering who I actually am. I was slowly becoming numb, it's probably why-" Nathaniel stands up, "I think it was us, pushing to find out who and what you were." She nods, tearing up. "I want to forget... I have memories- so many bad memories. I just want them to go away, I need them to stop appearing." Nathaniel looks to her, "We can't do that, and God has been restricted from interfering in our lives." A thought passes her, "Why are you guys down here?" He taps her shoulder, "I've been leaking both God and the Devil's secrets, I'm being punished. I have to choose a side, but." She nods intrigued, "I can't." He starts walking out of her room and she gets up to pull his arm back, he turns, his face is directly in hers, she takes a step back awkwardly. "What do I do now?" He runs his fingers through his hair, "You're kind of stuck here, you'll have to continue school and keep living the life you were given." Lillie looks into his eyes, "You have to change your eye colour." She then looks to the ground. "I was never taught how to..." He pulls her to the bed and she nervously sits down.

Tristan catches up to Rhain, "Hey!" She looks back at him angrily, "Did you fly here?" He smiles mischievously, "I might have..." She stops and hits him, "We need to be here for a while, we have a demon loose, we can't just steal her away considering she has a life down here, don't you understand that!" He rushes to her side, "Take her? where? why would we take her with us?" rolling her eyes as she takes a breath to speak again, "You're an imbecile! If we get caught using our abilities, we'd have to leave as the guardian said. We have responsibilities here right now, we can't just up and leave at this very second." He shakes his head confused, "Forget that, why are you mad at me?" looking at him unsettled, "I'm not mad, so don't assume something that's not true." walking away from him he then places himself in front, "Did I do something?" a moment of silence fills, "Rhain? Do you think I knew Lillie was a demon before?" her eyes soften, "Always up to something, the devil's child is devious, malicious and an evil demon! Nothing that you won't do to make sure that you win." sighing and facing her with an emotionless expression, "You know what, I haven't got time to argue. You guys want to see the devil's son do something so spectacular, well then here he is! The bad guy you've both been waiting for, why do I pretend to be this soft devil when I'll soon be the ruler of Hell, I should show you my talents right here and now, wouldn't you like that?" In an instant, there is a fire sparking from his hand, he turns to the house and throws it in. "Isn't fire just the prettiest." he then walks away, "TRISTAN!" Rhain quickly rushes to the house to defuse the mess.