Den Mother

June 26th - 1952

A loud alarm sirens everyone awake, Tristan was the first out of his room and then Nathaniel. "What the hell is that noise!" The Guardian shouts from below, "We are now being summoned to the meeting." Tristan walks back into his room, and Rhain then walks out fully dressed. "Good morning, Nathaniel." He wipes his eyes and nods, "Yeah... good morning." He then walks back into his room.

"Brother! Brother! Look how much I've grown, I am nearly your height." Tristan kneels and brings them into a hug, "Oh, how I have missed the two of you trouble makers." Rhain nods and pulls Nathaniel, "We can go to the meeting without him for now, he can get reacquainted with his siblings, it's been a while. Let's go." Tristan pats their head, "Have you seen mother recently?" They shake their heads and then announce, "She is still in the Human world, did you not see her there?" He smiles, "The human world is very big. Don't tell anyone, but I'm going to my room to collect something. Go play in the Pit of Exhaust and I'll see you after my meeting, if I am allowed." They nod and walk away, Tristan looks around and then walks into the dark path.

Rushing through different paths, "Guards... But only two." Tristan uses his powers and burns their insides, soon enough they are both on the floor. "Sorry guys, you'll be fine momentarily." He runs down the stairs and runs through the darkness, "Mother!" and then again, "Mother?" and finally she answers in a timid voice. "Is that my boy?" He ran towards the voice and kneels to grab her hand, "I know everything." She smiles and he could just about see her face. "Has the Goddess fallen for you, my son?" He nods, "I don't feel good about it mother, I don't approve of this method." She strokes his hand gently, "But I want you to have advantages on Nathaniel." He looks at her confused, "Oh, you do not know everything then my dear." He grabs onto her hand, "Then tell me or I won't continue to lead her on!" She smiles while cracking her dry lips. "When she becomes your wife, not only will you produce the strongest heir, but you will have one powerful woman on your side." he shakes his head, "She isn't as powerful as me and Nathaniel." she pushes her body closer to the rails. "That's not true my son, when Rhain was inside Mary, I fed her a potion to lock away the powers she had." He removed his hand from her, "Why would you do such a thing!" Her smile was a little less optimistic, "I wanted you to be powerful my son. You, Nathaniel and Rhain all have the same strength but, with Rhain on your side, the child you will bare together will be the most powerful thing to exist." She stretches out her arm to reach his face, "I love you, Alcaeus and Zaid. You are my children and I want the best for you." He takes her hand and places it on his face, "Mother, tell me the antidote, please. I don't want her feeling helpless and depressed no more." She shakes her head. "I will not have you destroy this chance you have." he grabs hold of her hand, "Mother, I will not accept this! this isn't right!" she laughs with a croak to her voice, "I will only give you the antidote when you are married with kids." he squeezes her hand tighter, "She deserves better than this! I will tell father." She slowly takes her hand from his grip. "Your father doesn't know what the antidote is, but if you do tell him, he'll probably let me out of this dreadful place." He punches the bars. "Father isn't like you, he wouldn't create such a mischievous scheme just to be one better than Tridarian! Admit it, you want to have a place in both Heaven and Hell. You are being selfish! Greed is getting the better of you and I don't like this side of you mother." She lays down on the cold, hard floor. "No. You'll understand when you are much older, when you have to make sacrifices for your children." She closes her eyes, "Your father is only mad because I created Nathaniel, he believes I do not love him if I can carry another man's child. But I did this for you, Tristan. I would do anything for my sons, even if it means I'll be stuck in here for all my immortal life." He gets up and shakes his head. "I will find an antidote, I will find a way to make Rhain the Goddess she's supposed to be, I won't let Nathaniel or you win, I won't!" her silence was almost mocking him, his eyes beamed a red so dark.