I Know Better

June 24th - 1952

Nathaniel's eyes open, and he throws a gold ball from his hand and screams out in anger, Tristan jumps out of the way and the ball dents the wall then slowly disappears. Nathaniel's eyes are now barely open, Tristan then punches him in the face. "What the hell was that for?" Tristan smiles and walks away from him, "Show me your powers, show me what you're capable of, right now!" Nathaniel gets up. "I doubt my powers would have just come back." He nods, "So I guess screaming my name and shooting pure gold out of your hand was an accident, huh?" Tristan kneels beside him and takes him by the shirt, "What are your powers, and why are you trying to kill me!" Nathaniel smirks and nods gently. "Before you do anything drastic, I just went through a bunch of memories, you idiot! I'm bound to be mad and confused and going through these emotions, throwing something in your direction is a misunderstanding as I was asleep... where is Rhain, her memories must have tortured her too." Tristan points upstairs and places himself on the floor, Nathaniel rushes away. "Some misunderstanding, you shouted my name you damn fool." He lays down on the floor and closes his eyes.

He knocks twice and Rhain opens the door slightly, "How were the memories?" She opens up a little further, "The memories it brought back weren't anything special." Her eyes were shiny and he felt a little uncomfortable. "Nobody wants me as Goddess... But what I don't understand is that you aren't pure good so, I don't get why father would want to put you forth as a God. The angels used to gossip about you being half-breed, now this is happening." He nods. "That's probably because Lilith wasn't a good human and with her immortality and being the devil's wife. Her intentions are never selfless, she only thought about herself." She steps out a little more, "You are going to fight me on the leadership of heaven, right?" He diverts his eyes away, "I will but, it'll be better if you just choose to love Tristan back... get married and become his wife." She laughs, "What? It isn't a crazy idea, I wouldn't have to fight for the position as God. Not only that, father does want me to rule." She shakes her head, "I had already confessed my love to him, he was doing an order from Lilith... She wanted me to fall for the Devil so you could become a God, and I did. He tricked me, he won." Nathaniel looks at her shocked. "That can't be true..." Rhain starts to cry, "His eyes didn't change, meaning he wasn't lying. I don't feel like continuing this right now, so summon a meeting with Father and the Devil tomorrow, I need time." She goes in and shuts the door behind her, Nathaniel turns around and walks back into the living room. "You. You don't love Rhain?" Tristan looks up and laughs, "I'm the Devil, I have orders and I need to make a powerful heir. Unlike you, I can't afford to have any weaknesses and according to me, loving her would be a huge mistake." Nathaniel stands with his guard up, "I don't understand?" Tristan walks in closer, "We need to go back... choosing a side doesn't seem like an option for you anymore." Nathaniel holds his head. "I want to see your eyes and I want you to tell me that you don't love Rhain." Tristan blinks and opens his eyes widely, "I don't love nor do I like Rhain." Nathaniel steps back in amusement, "Then this next part won't faze you at all... I will be killing the Goddess to become a God, as there is no other way to rule over the Heavens." Tristan nods smiling, "I won't allow that, Rhain will become Goddess. As much as I hate her, I hate you more and your intentions don't seem... good, so I won't be accepting you as God." Nathaniel moves in closer, "We'll see about that, I am more powerful than her. God wants me as the ruler and tells me who'll have such a weakling in that position, an angel could take reign from her." he smiles, "I'll be on her side, understand. Whether you have to die, I'll do it, I will let the blood be on my hands." Nathaniel walks away and Tristan's eyes become a swirl of evil.

June 26th - 1952

Everyone standing in the living room; Tristan, Nathaniel and Rhain facing Guardian. "We need to request a meeting with God and the Devil." The guardian then speaks, "Is this because you have chosen?" They all spoke at the same time, "Yes." The guardian nods. "Very well then." In an instant he's gone, Tristan goes to take his leave but before he could he is in the meeting room. "Father..." Rhain mummers under her breath, Tristan turns and bows. "Father." Nathaniel takes a seat and the other two follow after, Guardian takes down his cloak and the three look at him shocked. "He's not just a puff of smoke!" Tristan jumps out of his seat, "You could communicate to us!" He then looks around and takes his seat. "Yes, and might I add your constant talking was pestilent." Tristan smiles and Rhain looks at him displeased, "We hear you have chosen a side." Nathaniel gets up, "Well. I've decided to rule over Heaven." The devil shouts making Nathaniel take his seat quickly, Tristan laughs. "Rule! Why would you rule." God leans forward and looks towards him, "You have your memories?" Nathaniel nods, "You all know?" Nathaniel nods again, "Lucifer and I would like the meeting room to ourselves. Leave." The three of them get up and walk outside. "This isn't what I expected." Tristan hits him in the back of the head, "Idiot. What did you think would happen." Rhain goes to sit down and Tristan walks over to her. "I want to-" She places her hand up, "I don't need it. I decided if Father decides he wants Nathaniel as God. I'll become a mortal." Tristan sits down beside her, "Why? we were with them for so long, didn't you find their lives to be tedious, pointless and plain." She looks down at her hands and smiles, a tear falls from her eyes and she shakes her head. "I'm not wanted here... Father didn't even bat an eye towards me and I have never even seen him before now. I don't belong here." He slips his hand into hers, "Fight for your role as Goddess, having meetings with you every 100 years seems like a highlight to being the Devil. Don't give up, you'll be a great Goddess." She looks up to him and meets his eyes, his eyes are soft. An angel steps out of the room, and she quickly releases her hand. "Another meeting will be held one by one tomorrow in Hell. Please go back to your allocated living arrangements." Tristan gets up, "Allocated? as in the human house!" The angel nods and Nathaniel leaves, "I know you want to check on your mother, but you can do it tomorrow..." Tristan turns to her, "How?" She gets up, "I'll set the order; Nathaniel, me and then you. You have to get back to the meeting room in time, okay?" He pulls her into a hug, "Tristan, please don't..." He let go and she moves back, she opens her wings and flies down.

Rhain lays down on her bed and stares at the ceiling, she breathes out heavily, lifts her hands in front of her and a tear falls from her eyes and into her hair. "Why am I so unwanted in this world..." She drops her hand to her chest and starts grabbing at her shirt. "Maybe I should just give up my role, become human, and maybe then someone will love me..." she turns around and holds onto her pillow tightly. Tristan standing by her door, pressing his head against the door, he presses his hand softly on her door and whispers. "I am so sorry." he walks away and walks to the balcony. "You're a good person Tristan." He smiles painfully. "Why? Because I didn't realise what I was doing and then I broke her heart." The guardian shakes his head and leans against the wall, "You love her, I might not have been able to speak. But, I saw the way you looked at her, how you felt bad every time that you hurt each other." Tristan laughs and hits the bollard, "She's in pain and I helped put her in that state. My mother told me I would be doing the right thing, but if she doesn't pursue becoming a Goddess then it's all my fault. I made her feel as though she was useless to guide her into my arms, to seek comfort in me." Guardian points to the sky and Tristan leans over and looks. "Your empathy is amazing, it's how I know you are Lucifer's son. No matter the stereotype or what people say, you look above it. If she does choose to become human, I'll look after her." Tristan nods, "Heaven doesn't deserve her, it never did but, she can change so much just by being her." Guardian pats him on the back and starts walking inside, "I'll make sure that she knows that." Tristan nods and when he's gone, he looks up to the sky, "She'll show you her talent, just you wait." He sighs and walks inside.

The sky was getting a little musky and the air was thinning. June was soon to become cold, Tristan opened the door to go into his room but the light downstairs was still on. He walked down and went into the Living room, "Now you're not going to bed, should I be worried?" a small chuckle was let out, "What do you need to be worried about?" Tristan sits on the table, "The memories you recovered, you screamed out my name and used your powers as if you were trying to kill me, I'd say I should be terrified to not wake up in the morning." Nathaniel turns the page in his book, "I grew up to hate you, what do you expect? When my memories came back I guess the last one was my hatred for you." Tristan nods, "What did I do specifically to get you that mad?" Nathaniel puts his book down on his lap, "You had my mother... I once came down and I wanted to take one more look at her so I followed her, she then started playing with you. I never had such things growing up, to make matters worse I saw her once a year, for the shortest amount of time and coming back from that was torment. I was told she was stuck in Hell, and seeing you two play together made me hate you, hate your very existence. Is that what you wanted to hear? How an angel wished to switch lives with a demon, I craved the attention from her." His posture was perfect and his eyes were swirling with red and gold, "Yeah, that's what I wanted to hear." He nods, "Good." Tristan gets up and Nathaniel picks up his book. "Tristan... I want you to know it's not hate anymore... and I have no desire to step away from becoming God, so this makes it your turn." Tristan looks at him confused, "My turn?" He nods, "It's your turn to hate me with everything you've got." Tristan's eyes were submissive, "Yeah. I guess so." Nathaniel smiles and carries on reading, Tristan walks away and shuts the door, he walks up the stairs and looks to Rhain's door. "This will end with me and you Rhain." He smiles unconsciously and enters his room.