The Investigation

January 15th - 1952

The loud screams echoing through the hallway, filled with chanting, yelling and a sudden squeal froze the noise. "What the hell are you playing at?" Pulling the left side of his shoulder and crossing his arms in disappointment, "Nathaniel, hello." Nathaniel presses his hand down on his shoulder grabbing his blazer tightly in his hand and creasing it, pulling him away into the boy's toilets. "What the hell are you playing at?" Tristan smiles, "If you really wanted to be safe you would have checked the toilets before entering, humans seem to be everywhere." Nathaniel pushes the doors and the last door was 'Locked, cleaning in process' Tristan then walks over to him, "It was a little bit of fighting, the boy ended up running away." Nathaniel brushes through his hair angrily, "I know you used your powers, if the guardian finds out we'll be moved! I'm trying to figure the girl out, stop being you for a while, being you gets us into trouble." Tristan frowns, "You didn't ask if I started the fight, you don't know if I even started it yet you're accusing me... hmm... ok." Tristan walks out of the toilet with a flabbergasted look on his face, Nathaniel stood in dismay.

Crouched down beside his lesson watching everyone in detail, then watches Cain as he approaches Lillie. "Hi Lillie, can we have lunch together again?" She nods and he smiles rustling the back of his hair, then asks her another question, "How come you always seem to be alone?" Timidly looking down at her feet twisting her ankle, "I think it's because I'm so quiet and the people that spoke to me last time made me seem... obnoxious." He takes her hand and pulls her in for a hug, her hands wrap around his waist while his arms are placed around her neck. Nathaniel gets up from the floor and the bell rings so their embrace is cut short, still watching them as he starts walking into class slowly pushing the door open and slowly looking away.

January 19th - 1952

Stepping out of the car in big boots, black baggy trousers, a long black and purple top and cool glasses that he takes off when he looks towards her, "Cain? I love the outfit." Her dress just above her knee, bright yellow dress, silk and cute yellow shoes and a ribbon in her hair with a small bag to carry almost nothing. "You look... absolutely stunning, so this is a date?" She smiles and raises her eyebrow, "it's hot outside, it's not a date Cain, you said you wanted to hang out." The car speeds away and they look towards it and he takes her hand, "You eat right?" She follows behind. "Of course." He stops outside a restaurant, 'Italian cuisine' and she looks at him with a sigh. "This looks like a date." He gets closer to the door, "It isn't I just don't eat from cheap places, if this was a date, I'd take you the finest cuisine out there... but, you didn't want a date so this is what we're having." She rolls her eyes and walks in after him.

Seated at the table examining the menu, "this is way too posh for me.." He smiles and takes away her menu, "Can I surprise you? I know what you might like, if not order something else?" She leans on the table moving closer to him, "Okay." He places both menus down and the waiter comes over, "Can we get two Bistecca alla Fiorentina, well done and fizzy strawberry, and for dessert a chocolate fudge sundae." She smiles and makes eye contact with the waiter, "I don't like chocolate, so I'll have anything else but that." He looks at her, "You... you don't like chocolate? But, I thought. Nothing, it's just everyone likes chocolate I'm sorry." Overwhelmed he sends the waiter away, she looks at him concerned. "What's the matter?" He looks up at her examining her features, "Nothing, I didn't want to start over. I'm an idiot, I assumed this was going to be so... simple... Now I'm not too sure you will like the food." there was a small croak to his voice and Lillie gets up from her chair bending down beside him, she brushes her fingers through his curls. "Hey, slow down. Are you having a panic attack? Want me to call someone? I need you to slow down. My dad gets these a lot." His eyes glisten and he places his hand on her face, "No, it's fine, thank you. I'm sorry for freaking you out, everything just gets too much sometimes I forget where I am." She removes his hand into her own and stands up, "I'm here for you" she slowly lets go of his hand and sits down. "You said your dad gets panic attacks?" She nods warmly, "Yes. He gets overloaded at work sometimes, he forgets where he is sometimes like what you said." He smiles worryingly, "Oh. I get them a lot, but I know how to stop them because I've had to deal with them alone." She smiles sincerely, "Why do you get them?" He looks down at his fingers and she interrupts. "You don't have to tell me, sorry for intruding." He laughs and shakes his head, "It's not that I don't want to tell you, it's that I don't want you to feel sorry for me, to see me differently... In a bad light." The food comes and the waiter places it in front of both of them. "Thank you." Then she picks up her fork, "I'm listening." He begins to speak, "My brother's death was horrible... I get flashes of it, and I feel like I'm back there reliving his death sometimes." He looks to her with watery eyes, "I'm being punished but I no longer want the burden of his death, I don't want to feel-" She had been sitting with her mouth open, stunned at his words. "If I had just given him what he wanted, it would have never turned out this way, I wouldn't see these images." Lillie begins to cry unintentionally, he looks up and stops. "I wanted to stay mad at Caroline. Seeing your face, seeing you cry for the sorrows I endure. It brings me peace, and I am ready to-" He stops before he could finish because the next part wasn't going to soothe her at all. "I'm sorry you went through that..." She then wipes her face and smiles with an energetic atmosphere. "But I'm glad that I give you peace of mind!" He nods and picks up his fork, "Let's eat. I didn't want this to be this kind of dinner." She giggles and nods optimistically.

January 21st - 1952

Entering the school gates with Lillie was Cain, "Lillie? Can we talk..." She looks towards Cain then at Rhain, "Yeah, okay." She walks away from him and follows with Rhain, "Listen there is something with you and Nathaniel, he won't give up until he finds out. It would be helpful if you either tell us if you know or help us find out what it is, we won't give up! We won't stop and we will follow you until we find out." Lillie steps back in forbearance, "I don't want to find out! You guys freak me out, and finding out will just make me feel more of an outcast than I already am." Rhain holds her shoulder and smiles, "We could help and make it better for you, it might release you from pain." Lillie pushes her warm-hearted hand away in a hurry. "You don't get it, I've lost my memory, I don't remember anything from before this year. The people who take care of me aren't my parents and I don't know how they became my parents, I always get flashbacks and they are painful and ever since you guys did something to me I get worse flashbacks of the same thing! I need you to stay away from me, I don't want to know, I just want it to stop." Rhain goes to touch her and she pushes her hand away with force, "Don't! Like I said before, leave me alone." She walks away strained of energy, her head starts pounding and she starts crushing her head with her hands, her walking pattern irregular and she faints.

Standing outside the nurse's office was, Cain, Nathaniel, Rhain and Tristan. "So... Rhain made her faint, right? Another point to me." Nathaniel looked at him with evil eyes, "it wasn't me! It was her." Cain looked at Rhain, "What did you do to her?" She gets up and starts shouting, "I didn't do anything, I was asking her questions that's all!" Nathaniel makes her calm down and sits down, "Nathaniel she's getting visions." Cain looks towards them whispering to one another. "It was for information... it makes me wonder what he wants with her, he might know who and what she is." Rhain looks at him getting closer to his ear, "She doesn't know who she is." Nathaniel nods and Tristan leans in his chair, upset, crossing his arms. "Why does she get treated better than me when she does more wrong than me? I mess up once and I get blamed for being 'the devil'. I am not my father! I didn't choose that path! I was just born into it, what don't you understand, why do you look down on me." Tristan gets up looking down at Nathaniel "Tell me?" Nathaniel points at the chair, "Sit down." Tristan laughs, "No." He leaves and Rhain leans off her chair, "Leave him, it's in his nature to be like that." She looks at him then settles back into her seat looking in the direction he left in and Cain sits confused staring at them both. "What are you two whispering about?" Nathaniel ignores him and turns to Rhain, "If she's in some sort of pain it might be her past trying to resurface..." Cain gets angry, "You guys caused her to faint in the middle of the hallway and you have the audacity to ignore me, isn't that just a little rude?" His tone of voice was deep and stuck, Nathaniel looked at him with his arms folded. "Why? Do you have answers for me, if not then, why should I even communicate with you?" Rhain leans up, "Nathaniel that was a little rude, I'm sorry Cain, I think she just overexerted herself." Cain tuts, "Really, she was doing just fine before you intruded. Whether I have information on her or not is none of your business either, if I and Lillie have a conversation without you it means it doesn't concern you." Nathaniel nods and turns away without a word, Cain mumbles under his breath, "Bitch." Nathaniel looks over to him again with a solid composure. "Your words are minor, if you wish to say something, speak up." Cain leans forward, "So you can ignore me again." Nathaniel chuckles and nods, "You have a point, then I suggest you no longer speak, keep that mouth of yours shut." Cain gets up in an abrupt manner, staring at Nathaniel with evil eyes. "Do you want to take this outside!" Nathaniel goes to stand but Rhain pulls him back, "He's a little temperamental. Please ignore him." Nathaniel looks to Rhain, "I was going to deal with it in an appropriate manner." She looks at him confused, "By beating him up." He shakes his head, "By letting him take his anger out on someone, getting kicked out and I'd have Lillie for myself." She sulks, "You know how that sounds right? Let's leave, I'll apologise to her later." Nathaniel gets up and walks out first, Rhain looks to Cain. "Please let her know I waited..." Cain doesn't bat an eye and with that Rhain leaves. "What is wrong with that guy?" He leans back in his chair and waits.