True Lies

June 26th - 1952

A demon flies down and looks toward Tristan, "Your father wants to speak to you in the throne room." He nods and starts walking away, "Look after Rhain, Zaid. And Alcaeus go find Nathaniel and send him home." He opens his wings and flies away, he pushes the door and walks through. "Father." Lucifer smiles in his seat, "Did you three plan to make Tridarian feel like an idiot?" Tristan shakes his head, "I didn't. What did the others discuss?" Lucifer nods, "Nothing that needs to be spoken about." he then raises his hand to his chin. "Your eyes, why were they fire red?" Tristan stands up straight and then answers, "Rhain got under my skin, she did that a lot when we lived together... I've been able to control it, sometimes it's hard, but she helps me improve. That is why I'm asking you, can we both stay here and Nathaniel goes back to the house alone." Lucifer taps his hand on the armrest. "I'll ask Tridarian, don't leave until I've received my answer." Tristan bows, "Thank you, father." He then leaves the room and leans against the door, "I'll find a way for you to get your full powers back." He holds his hand into a fist.

Rhain walks over to Tristan, "What are you looking so moody for." He leans up from the wall and takes her hand. "Follow me." He starts walking pulling her with him, "We're going to my favourite place in Hell." She smiles unconsciously, they both stand before two huge doors. "This is where I spent most of my time other than the Scorch Fire mountains but, I'll show you that after." He pushes the door, royalty red carpet, firewood shelves with gold on everything else. She picks up a book and looks inside, "Wow, gold writing." She laughs, "What's funny?" She puts the book down and looks at him. "I should have known this is where you spent all your time, you're knowledgeable, smart and you educate me on so many things." She brushes her fingers against the book and he looks at her smiling effortlessly. "Have you read all of them?" He shakes his head, "No, I decided that while I'm back I'll read more potion making." She looks up at the tall shelf, "Amazing... I don't think I'm ready to go back to heaven yet." He jumps with his words, "Stay here! Sorry, I mean... Stay in hell for a while, I've already asked my father." She looks at him confused. "Why?" He scratches the back of his head, "I like spending time with you. I think it might also clear your head space, I want to change your mind about being a Goddess." She tries to make herself smile back at him, "I-" He takes her hand again and pulls her hand, they rush through the library and go through a small cave-looking thing, and at the end, was an edge to sit on. "This is where I read the books I pick from those shelves." The lava boils fly up and silently fall back down and repeats over and over again in a relaxing motion. "Is this your second place?" He shakes his head, "I consider this thing a part of the library. It's a calming place to read, cry and vent. Sometimes I come here and scream, I scream my thoughts." She looks down and watches the lava, she closes her eyes and breathes out and a tear falls from her left eye. "I am... so unhappy. I don't know what to do, I don't know how to stop this constant pain." Tristan pulls her close and hugs her tightly. "Let it out." She lays comforted in his arms, "Becoming a Goddess seems like something I won't be able to do." He lifts her head and looks her in the eyes. "That isn't true, and when you're Goddess, you'll have me down here in charge, meetings with me and if you want, my doors will always be open for you to come down and just hang out." She laughs and smiles, "That sounds nice but, that isn't really how our dads do it." He shrugs, "They'll be gone, we can behave and do whatever we want. We don't have to follow exactly how they do, it'll be our rules." Shaking her head aggressively, "There's a balance, break that balance and you'll lose control." He leans up and looks down at the lava, "You think the angels would go against you." Moving her hair from her face to behind her ear, "Tristan, I'm no stronger than they are. If they all went up against me... I'd lose." Turning her head violently, He places his hand gently beside her and leans closer towards her. "They won't, They can't! I'll be on your side, no matter what, I will defend your throne." She shakes her head, "I don't think that would work, I'd lose their respect." She breathes out heavily, "They'd turn against me and start a riot and I think it'd be best to give the title to Nathaniel, I could try being mortal." He looks away from her, "Mortal, huh" she nods, and Tristan gets up. "Mortal..." He whispers, "It wouldn't be that bad..." He keeps his back to her, "Tristan?" He looks at her monotone, "You were born with your powers, you're stuck with being immortal, so will you play pretend with the humans?" her smile was reassuring, "Of course not, I don't know exactly what I'll do." He nods and goes back through the cave.