No Good

April 6th - 1952

Nathaniel is lounging around the sitting room reading a book, Tristan knocks on Rhain's door. "Go away." he presses his fingers on the door, "Let's go for a stroll in the garden." She opens the door and he walks in, "I told you that I was going to start attending school, I have my duties to fulfil." He looks around her room, "We've been here for how many years, yet. You haven't made it a room to fit you even though, we have moved quite a bit." she looks at him, "You need to quit bothering me, I don't need to know the truth about our past." He sits down beside her, "Okay, that's fine. But you ignoring me, isn't working. I need you to talk to me again, call me evil, call me something." She gets up, "Let's go walk in the garden." They walk down and exit to the garden, they walk further in the middle where the flowers are blooming. "They're so pretty." he smiles, "I know my words couldn't have hurt you that deeply. What's wrong?" She looked over to him, "I thought we weren't going to talk about it." He shakes his head, "No, we didn't discuss that at all." she bends down to pick at a flower, "It did hurt alright, your father has looked you in the eyes and your father has told you nothing but the truth. All I get are lies upon lies, it isn't fair!" he walks over to her and bends down, "But I haven't lied to you." She looks at him as he turns his green eyes to red. "People say my eyes are the true feelings of my soul." Her hand paralyzed as she touches her fingers gently by his eyes, staring deep into them, she quickly removes herself from him when she realise she had been looking too fond. "Sorry. I-" He takes her hand and puts it back onto his face, "It's fine, carry on." Her heart starts pounding and as he moves from her hand to her wrist he feels her pulse electrifying, she gets closer to his face. "I always thought your eyes were scary, but I think it's because when you're angry they become a violent red. However right now, they seem so kind and settled." he lifts up his other hand, "Let me see yours." She closes her eyes and from blue they were a rising gold colour, quickly realising she pulls away and falls onto the ground. He stands up offering his hand, ignoring his offer and helping herself up, then brushing the dirt off. "I never actually got to see your eyes." He pulls her in by her arm, "Hey! I was dusting myself off." He looks closer, "They're- beautiful." Surprised by the softness to his voice, "T- Thank you." She looks down and he kisses her eyelids, she looks up shocked. "I've kissed such beauty." he removes himself and he starts heading to the house. "We can talk when you're ready." She stands flummoxed with what just happened, she gradually reaches her left hand to her eyelid and presses feebly. "H-" Separating her finger from her eyelid, she then looks to her hand discomposed.

Rhain enters her bedroom still perplexed with what just happened, she sits on her bed upright. "If I ask him about the Bible... I could also try and understand these feelings that have me all confused." She looks around for her bible, "I could have sworn I had it on this shelf,'' she then looks in her suitcase, "Ah." She takes it out and stares at it. "Father, why would you let me believe a story instead of the truth, do you really see me so delicate that I can't handle the truth." She takes the book to her desk and sits down skimming the pages, "How can so much be written and so much be false." she presses her fingers along the thick papers, and stares down upon the pages as though it was a stranger.

Rhain grabs a book and enters the balcony, "I'm guessing we're talking again?" she walks over nodding, "I came to see the sunrise." He gestures to her to climb, she puts out her hand and he helps her up. "It's really pretty." he stares at her smiling, "It is." she spots him looking at her at the corner of her eye, she looks to him and he's already looking back at the sunset. "You must hate me asking this, but-" He takes the book from her hand, "You want to know your story." she nods. "My father just told your father that the love of his life and him were going to have a baby. My father was overjoyed to have someone rule after him and to rub it in your father's face. Your father decided he wasn't going to go looking for someone to love but to find someone pure enough to carry his child, he chose a woman in the village and she agreed gracefully." She looks to him, "Finding out I was a girl must have been devastating..." her eyes look up to the heavens, "Then how was Nathaniel created?" He watches as she quickly removes a tear from her face, "We don't have to continue." she shakes her head, "I have to know why he's more powerful than I am." He shakes his head, "I don't know, but I do know that he was born after you." She laughs, "So when he got Mary pregnant he knew he was having a girl, he decided that he needed someone more powerful." She looks up to the sky trying to hold back her tears, Tristan moves closer and holds her tight and she lets loose the tears. "You should know how complicated and confusing this world is, Angel, Demon or Human." She rests her head on his chest.

June 17th - 1952

Checking the balcony, "Oh." She walks back and knocks on his door, "It's open." She pushes it open and walks in quickly covering her eyes, "You're not dressed!" He chuckles, "It's just my top half. Anyway, what's up?" He puts on his shirt and she removes her hands from her face, "I had a question on the bible..." he walks over to her and smiles, "You've never been in my room before, do you like what I made of it?" She skims the room, "Y- Yeah it's nice." His body hovers over hers, "You didn't bring the book with you." Confused, she looks up at him flushed, "Huh?" he laughs, "The bible you had questions about..." she locks eyes with his red eyes, and he leans further in. "Oh, I don't need the bible for the question-" His face touching hers and her breathing becomes heavy, he pushes his lips against hers and removes them slowly. "Tristan." Her eyes glow gold, "Was I wrong for doing that?" She reaches her hand to touch his face, pulling him closer to her face. "Do it again, properly.'' He pushes his arm against the door and kisses her, she pulls him tighter. Her eyes glimmer with pleasure, and he pulls away and smiles. "What?" He brushes her hair behind her ear and kisses at her neck, "I would have never have guessed you would have asked me to continue." she picks up his head, "You can't tell Nathaniel, nobody can know." He kisses her gently, "Of course." She pushes him, "No. This is wrong, I shouldn't have let you continue." He bites his lip aggressively, "I've been waiting for this for so long, even knowing that you're an angel it doesn't stop me thinking about you. Recently when you've been asking me for help I was hoping that you'd feel something towards me, I thought you wouldn't because you seem to hate me and what I am." she changes her eye colour, "I-" Tristan's red eyes become heavy, "I understand, you don't feel what I do. It's fine, don't look at me like that!" She moves towards him, "Rhain it's fine, I just thought the kiss was more-" She steps away and leaves his room, he picks up his blazer and whispers. "That felt a little more than lust." He feels his lips and smirks, "One down, one to go." He leaves his room.

Arriving at school Nathaniel looks at them, "You guys in another fight." Rhain looks to Tristan then quickly looks away, "Somewhat." Nathaniel rolls his eyes, "I think we're getting close to finding out what Lillie's memories are, so try not to ruin it." He walks away and Tristan walks off, "Tris-" He turns his head, and shrugs. "I think I just need space." He turns around smiling, "Oh, okay..." He bites his lip to try to control his excitement and then walks away, she follows a few people behind. "Lillie! Hey, I wanted to ask you a question." She nods and stands beside her, "I heard you and Nathaniel might be close to finding out how to get your memories back." Lillie nods, "Yeah, I still wonder what will happen once we do that, you know." Rhain nods, smiling, "If the truth isn't something that seems as big as we're making it, and none of us needs any further justification. Will you be sad if you and Nathaniel go back to being strangers?" Lillie looks to the ground and leans her head back on the locker, "I guess I would be kind of bummed out, but that'll just show me that I was the one who liked him and he never felt the same. I guess I'd have to get over it eventually." Rhain agrees, "Why do you ask?" Rhain holds her book close to her chest. "I feel like if I go back to Heaven I'll miss this. Everything about being with the humans, that's all." Lillie nods, "Don't think about it too much, have fun while it's in the now." The bell rings and Lillie pushes her bag upon her shoulder and leaves, "See you later." Rhain waves then lets her arm drop beside her, she then hits herself in the head. "A demon. And not just any demon, the next ruler of the demons." She shakes her head repulsed by her own words, "I'm an idiot." She starts walking to her lesson emotionally drained.

At break, Cain walks over to Tristan and taps him on the shoulder, "Can we talk for a moment?" Tristan nods and points in a direction, they both walk down to the empty corridor. "What is it?" Cain clears his throat and begins to speak, "If you know how to kill me, and I go to hell... is there something I can do, to die forever and not exist. Or am I going to be alive and tortured for the rest of my life?" Tristan puts his fingers on his chin and thinks for a moment, "You don't have to live in torment... see, I don't feel like being generous today. So you'll have to do something for me in the future, I might be generous and forget it, however, right now... The price is a favour. Understand?" Tristan smiles deviously and nods excitedly. "Okay. I'll do anything you say if it means the suffering will end." Cain's voice was low, "Great. Then first get over everything, visit the people you've hurt, find peace. Find peace and you'll slowly start to feel like weight lifting, there is also one other thing." He gets closer and whispers. "The moment you kick the bucket and take the hand... breathe out first, it'll ease the pain." He pats him on the back twice, "If you end up in hell knowing this information, I'll come to visit you." Cain's mouth drops open and Tristan goes to leave. "Thank you." Tristan nods and walks away, Cain takes out a little book from his back pocket and starts writing. "I'll start with you." He presses his nail down on the paper and sighs aloud.