Act VIII

A bit of a forewarning... this chapter includes going to Spencer's. I didn't write anyone actually going in the store, I just wrote the reaction of someone who went in, so uh. Yeah 👍

*   *   *

"Are... you okay?" Scott asked, struggling to keep up with Jimmy's pace.

Jimmy sighed, aggressively wiping at his eyes. "Great," he answered sarcastically. "I feel great. Just got yelled at and told by one of my best friends that he hates me, and the same 'friend' rubbed it in my face that I have no chance with the guy I like because he has a boyfriend who's a dick."

Scott looked down at the floor. "I'm sorry," he whispered. "I didn't mean to-"

"You didn't do anything," Jimmy interrupted. He stopped walking and, sighing, turned to Scott. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be... taking this out on you."

The cyanette shook his head. "No, no, it's fine."

"Except it's not."

"It is."

"I'm not even mad at you."

"So?"

Jimmy sighed again, shaking his head. "It's not right," he breathed. He smiled gently, changing his demeanor. "Was there anything else you wanted to do?"

Scott's brows furrowed in confusion. "Why are you asking me? You seemed to have an idea of what you wanted to do already. Why let me intrude on that?"

"I-" Jimmy paused. "I didn't have anything planned," he confessed sheepishly. "I was just going to go wherever Fwhip went."

"Oh." Scott nodded. He looked around for a moment before snickering. "Ever been to Spencer's?" He wore a cheeky, mischievous grin that Jimmy couldn't tell if he should be worried about or not.

After a moment of confused hesitation, Jimmy shook his head. "No," he said slowly.

Scott's smile grew. "You're in for a treat."

*   *   *

"Oh, my god, I can't believe you made me go in there," Jimmy groaned, walking briskly out of the store with Scott cackling behind him. "What kind of mall has a store that sells-" he paused, then whispers, "-sex toys?"

Scott let out another snort. "This one, I guess." He quirked a brow, a pink tint on his cheeks highlighting his pale features. "Are you- are you blushing?" he teased.

Jimmy covered his face with his hands. "No," he mumbled, the sound muffled into his palms.

"You totally are."

"Well, I am now that you've pointed it out!"

Scott burst into another fit of giggles, and Jimmy couldn't help but smile a bit at the sound. "You're adorable," the cyanette said, leaning into Jimmy for a moment as they walked throw the hallway of the mall. They shared comfortable silence for a moment. "Hey, Jimmy?"

"Yeah?"

"What did... uh, what did your friend mean?" Scott asked curiously.

Jimmy glanced over at Scott. "What?"

Scott sighed, shoving his hands into the pockets of his pastel knitted sweater. "He... he said something about you... liking me?"

"Oh." Jimmy looked away. "Just... forget about it." They stopped walking and Jimmy looked over the railing and down onto the lower level beneath them.