Act XXIV

Apologies for the late update!!

Trigger Warning for strong language and mention of (unconsensual) devil's tango. There's no description of the act, but still stay safe while reading, lovelies <3

* * *

"You made that tent back there... didn't you?"

Scott opened his mouth to talk, but decided against it, closing his mouth and hugging the bag tightly to his chest.

Zach laughed, nudging Scott's shoulder. "Go on," he said tauntingly into the smaller's ear. "Tell him the truth."

Scott lowered his head to avoid Jimmy's gaze and sniffled, his grip tightening further around the bag. "Stop," he said, muffling his words into the fabric.

"What's that?" Zach asked. He wrapped an arm around Scott's shoulders. "Why would you need to lie if you're so set on being honest?" Scott made a small sound of discomfort when Zach squeezed him. "Huh? Tell Jimmy about your little hideout, Scott. Tell him how you've been staying here since the beginning of the semester-"

"Zach, stop," Scott said, a bit louder than before.

"How you're poor and homeless-"

"Zach-"

"How your parents kicked you out because you're a fucking disappointment-"

Scott let out a choked sob of embarrassment. "Please..."

"How much of a slut you've been lately, sleeping with random guys for money-"

Scott's head shot up now. "Zach-"

"Stop that," Jimmy cut in, taking a step forward. Scott and Zach both turned to look at him. "Scott clearly doesn't want you talking about it."

Zach's eyes narrowed as he glared at Jimmy. "He doesn't want anything," he stated, letting go of Scott. As he walked closer to Jimmy, the latter squared his shoulders in an attempt to hide his nervousness. "And I can do whatever the hell I want to. In fact, I could walk out there" - he pointed in the direction of the curtain seperating the stage and where they were - "and tell everyone about Scott's situation if I wanted to."

Jimmy huffed. "No, you can't," he said sternly.

"And who are you to stop me?" Zach's lips curled into a condescending grin, and he turned to nod at Scott, holding his hand out. "Give me the bag."

Scott looked between Zach and Jimmy before he hesitantly stepped forward and handed his boyfriend the bag, Zach taking it and starting toward the main theater. Jimmy could see the panic shoot through Scott, but the latter said nothing in protest; he merely watched as Zach left.

"He's really going to tell them," the violetette breathed, his arms falling limply to his sides. He stood, unmoving, for a moment before an unrestrained sob broke free, and Jimmy rushed over to wrap his arms around him. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean for him to tell you that, I-" Scott latched onto Jimmy like a leach as soon as they made contact. "He wasn't su-supposed to-" He fell into another fit of wails, clinging to Jimmy like he was his lifeline.

Jimmy held on tightly to Scott, rubbing his back and whispering things like, "It's okay. Everything's going to be fine," to try and soothe Scott.

Scott, face red and eyes puffy with tears, pulled away, shaking his head. "It's n-not fine," he said. "I- th-they're gonna send me away-" He shook his head, a bit more frantically this time. "I don't wanna-"

Jimmy cupped Scott's cheeks in his hands. "Nobody's sending you away," he said sternly. "If anyone tries to take you anywhere, call me. You can come to my house."