Act XLIV

If you're wondering what happened to Mr. Fletcher, he unexisted. I'm too lazy to write out something to happen to him so he went poof lmao /lh

This chapter is entirely fluff :D /srs

*   *   *

Opening night came faster than probably anyone was prepared for, but the entire drama club ensemble was more than ecstatic at the last dress rehersal before the performance.

"Thou know the mask of night is on my face," Scott mumbled to himself, pacing back and forth behind the curtain, "else would a maiden blush paint my cheek for that which thou heard me speak to-night fain would I dwell on form, fain, fain deny..." He paused, rethinking his line. "What I have spoke: but farewell compliment. Dost thou love- Ah!" He shrieked as he bumped into Mumbo.

"Oh- Sorry, Scott," Mumbo apologized.

Scott shook his head. "No, that's my fault," he said nervously. "I wasn't paying attention."

Mumbo just smiled awkwardly then slipped past to the boy's dressing room. Everyone was in such a hurry, excitement in the air and nervousness in their stomachs.

"This has to be perfect," Scott said to himself. "I can do this. I can do this..."

Jimmy poked his head out of the curtain. "We're running Act Two, Scene Two," he said.

Scott nodded. "I'll be out in a second."

*   *   *

"Oh, brother Montague," Big B said, holding out his hand to Joel but still facing the audience. "Give me thy hand. This is my daughter's jointure, for no more can I demand."

Joel took Big B's hand, smiling. "But I can give thee more," he recited, "for I will raise her statue in pure gold; that while Verona by that name is known, there shall no figure at such rate be set as that of true and faithful Juliet." His smile widened, silently celebrating that he didn't stutter while saying that line.

"As rich shall Romeo's by his lady's lie, poor sacrifices of our enmity!"

Joey's understudy, False, stepped out in front of the two. "A glooming peace this morning with it brings," she said, projecting her voice fantastically. "The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head. Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things. Some shall be pardoned, and some punished, for never was a story of more woe than this of Juliet and her Romeo."

As False bowed and the curtains began to close, the audience erupted with applause, cheering and whooping and hollering for the students who did so wonderfully that night. Once the curtains were fully closed, the entire ensemble walked out onto the stage from either side, Jimmy and Scott meeting in the middle. The line of teenagers held each others hands and raised them high before bowing twice, each time theatrically dramatic. Ms. Gold and Mr. Harding walked out together.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Mr. Harding began to announce.

"Romeo and Juliet, by the Rivendell High School Drama Club!" Ms. Gold finished. The two gave their own bows and the audience cheered more.

Mr. Harding then stepped aside so Scott and Jimmy could move forward together. "With Scott Smajor as Juliet" - he paused to let the audience clap - "and Jimmy Shadowlady-Solidarity as Romeo!"

"That's my boy!" Jimmy could hear his father shout. "Way to go, Jim!" Jimmy's face flushed in embarrassment at how ecstatic Daniel was.