Act XXXVI

I'm so proud of myself, this is the third (THIRD) chapter I've written and published in a row. I've finally defeated my writer's block for this story hehe >:DD /pos

Warning for mention of pew-pew devices. Stay safe <3

*   *   *

Seeing Scott and Zach acting so lovey-dovey with each other during drama club made Jimmy beyond furious. Who was Zach that he could treat Scott the way he did, then turn around three days later and act like nothing ever happened? And why would Scott just go along with it? It made no sense whatsoever.

"Did Scott really go back to Zach?" Fwhip asked, disgust dripping from every word that came out of his mouth. He and Jimmy made up just before practice started, and they were sitting together while Ms. Gold and Mr. Harding worked with the other cast. "God, talk about a whore."

Jimmy wanted to object the title, but he couldn't bring himself to say anything. Scott didn't want anything to do with him, so why should he be involved with Scott at all?

Fwhip sighed. "Honestly, though, what a dick move," he said. He shook his head and tossed a fruit snack in the couple's direction. "I was actually beginning to hope you two would get together."

"Really?" Jimmy said, perking up a bit now. That hope was long dead at this point, but somehow it still made him feel kind of happy. "Jeez, if only I didn't fuck everything up..."

"Well, maybe if you talk to him, you can fix it."

Jimmy stared at Fwhip for a moment. "Yes, let me go talk to the guy who hates my guts and wants to never see me ever again," he deadpanned, rolling his eyes when Fwhip threw a light punch at his arm.

"Listen, just try it, okay?" the ginger slumped in his seat. "Trust me, it'll work better than you think it will."

Sighing, Jimmy shrugged. "Maybe..." He glanced over at Scott who was giggling as Zach tickled his sides. An overwhelming feeling of jealousy washed over him at the sight. It wasn't fair. Zach didn't deserve Scott. "Is it bad that I want to strangle Zach?"

Fwhip snorted. "I think everyone wants to strangle Zach," he joked.

Scott and Jimmy had been called on stage to practice the first kiss scene, and Jimmy wanted to cry more and more as the seconds passed.

Jimmy hesitantly took Scott's hand as directed by the script, and Scott looked away as Jimmy recited, "If I profane with my unworthiest hand this holy shrine, the gentle sin is this: my lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand to smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss."

Scott was very obviously cringing at every half-assed word. "Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much," he said sourly, a hidden meaning behind the rehearsed line, "which mannerly devotion shows in this; for saints have hands that pilgrims’ hands do touch, and palm to palm is holy palmers’ kiss."

Jimmy's heart ached. "Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too?"

"Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer." Scott flashed Jimmy a mean smile.

"O then, dear saint," the blonde's voice quivered slightly as he spoke and he was reminded of when he first joined the drama club, "let lips do what hands do. They pray: grant thou, lest faith turn to despair."

"Saints do not move, though grant for prayers’ sake."

Taking a deep breath, Jimmy prepared himself dor his next line. "Then move not while my prayer’s effect I take." As rehearsed several times before, Jimmy lifted his hand to rest on Scott's cheek, though it didn't make it there before Scott was swatting him away.