Act XXXIX

As the week slowly went by, Jimmy found himself staring more often than not whenever he saw Scott and Zach together. In the halls, at the library, during lunch. And he could hardly bring himself to think of anything but Scott and Zach.

"Hello? Earth to Jimmy." Fwhip's voice and waving hands brought Jimmy back to reality. "Have you been listening at all?"

Jimmy blinked, slightly confused. "You were talking to me?" he asked.

Fwhip groaned and dropped his head onto the lunch table. "Why do I even try?"

"Sorry," Jimmy apologized sincerely. His eyes drifted back over to where Scott and Zach sat, Scott smiling as brightly as ever while Zach leaned over to kiss his cheek. "I don't get it. He said he didn't trust him, but he still looks so happy with him..."

Fwhip lifted his head to give Jimmy a puzzled look. "What the hell are you talking about?" he asked before following Jimmy's gaze. "Ugh, are you still moping about your argument with Scott? Listen, buddy, I don't think he wants to-"

"Shh!" Jimmy shushed Fwhip, pressing a finger to the ginger's lips. "I'm focusing." He furrowed his brows as he tried to read the couple's lips. "Dammit, I can't tell what they're saying."

Rolling his eyes, Fwhip swatted away Jimmy's hand. "Dude, you're ridiculous," he deadpanned. "Didn't Scott say he hated you?"

Jimmy waved a hand at him. "We made up this morning," he said. "Now, be quiet, I'm trying to be nosy." He squinted, staring very intently before gasping and ducking under the table when Scott spotted him.

Fwhip began to laugh uncontrollably, knowing exactly how embarrassed Jimmy must've been. "Oh my God, Jimmy-"

"Be quiet," the blonde whined, trying to shrink as he struggled to fit under the table. He knew how ridiculous he looked just staring at them. "This is so embarrassing..."

"Yeah, and you looked like a total idiot, too," Fwhip said before laughing again. He started cackling even harder when Jimmy smacked his foot.

Jimmy groaned and peeked out from under the table to find Scott was gone. He let out a long sigh of relief and began crawl out, thinking it was safe. Then, suddenly, a foot came down hard on his hand. "Ow!" Jimmy yelped, jumping back just to hit his head on the corner of the table. He could hear Fwhip laughing obnoxiously again.

"I'm so sorry, Timmy," Grian apologized quickly, kneeling down and taking Jimmy's hand to examine it. He grimaced at the shoe print left on his hand. "I am so sorry."

"It's fine," Jimmy said, finally looking up at the younger boy. He frowned at the panicked look on his face. "It didn't hurt that bad," he assured him. "I promise."

Grian glanced away. "Okay..." His hands started to shake slightly and he helped Jimmy up quickly before letting go of him.

Fwhip's laughter stopped, as he also probably noticed Grian didn't look so well. "You good, G?" the ginger asked cautiously. "You're sweating quite a bit, there."

"I'm fine," Grian said quickly. He took a deep breath. "I just need to calm down, is all."

"Calm down from what?" Fwhip asked. "Running a marathon?"

Grian let out a breathy laugh. "Something like that," he murmured. He shook his head. "Do you mind if I sit with you guys? Mumbo's spending his lunch in the computer lab and Scar stayed home sick today, so I'm kind of lonely."

Jimmy nodded. "Go ahead."

Grian let out a sigh and sat down. "Thanks."

"Of course." Jimmy sat back in his seat to finish his food when his gaze caught Scott winking and blowing a kiss at him as he walked by. He felt his face heat up, his cheeks turning bright red.