Chapter 1

Edited: 5/1/16

"Shit shit shit." I say when I saw a whole bunch of walkers in front of me. Yeah smart move April, go to the city where there's a ton of walkers at.

I look to my right and, fuck, more walkers and they noticed me. luckily my left is clear so I take off. Going as fast as my legs will run till I see the CDC. I look behind me and see only a few walkers so I jog the rest of the way. When I get closer I see cars around and people banging on the doors and screaming for help.

"What the hell is going on!" I scream which surprises everyone. They seemed to have lost hope. Well except a man in a sherifs uniform who just ignored me and kept screaming. "The camera it moved!"

I didn't really hear what else he said because a guy with brown hair and a REALLY big nose came up to me with a mean look on his face.

"Who the hell are you?" He asked me, angered. "April you?" I ask.

"Shane why are you here?" He asked. Wow he asks a lot of questions.

"I was seeing if the CDC had any answers." I answered him. I looked over my shoulder to see the walkers coming closer.

"Well I don't think your getting any-" He was cut off by a door opening causing a bright light to shine out. Everyone in Shane's group quickly made their way in so I just followed along. Not today walkers HAHA!

"Hello? HELLO!?" The man in the sherifs hat kept screaming. That was, till a man came into view with a big gun pointed at us.

"Anybody infected?" He asked us. "One of our group was, he didn't make it." Sheriff hat dude said. Shane then looked at me, "Are you bit?" He asked annoyed yet sternly.

"No I'm not bit asshole." I don't like him. He gave me a look but ignored my comment.

"Why are you here and what do you want?" The man asked looking directly at sherif hat guy. "A chance." He answered. The man looked at all of us and I saw pity on his face.

"You all summit to a blood test." The man said trying to reason with us. "We can do that." sherif hat guy agreed.

"Get your stuff once these doors close they don't open again." The man told us. Sherif hat guy nodded and him and a few other men went to get their stuff from their cars. I on the other had felt very awkward because I don't know anyone.

Once everyone and thing were inside, the doors closed. The sherif hat guy looked at the man and said, "Rick Grimes." Ok so that's his name.

"Dr. Jenner" The man said. After giving blood, which still no one noticed me because they were focused on the blond girl who almost fainted, he led us through the building.

I tuned out half of what he said. thinking about the fact I don't know anyone. "Who are you?" A young boy asked.

He looked about 12 and had dark brown greasy hair like me and bright blue eyes. He seemed to of caught everyone's attention because everyone stopped and looked at me.

"Uh, ya, who the hell are ya?" A man with a cross bow asked me with a thick southern accent.

"April" I answers him kinder than I did Shane. He looked me in my green eyes with his blue ones and nodded. I didn't mind him. He's also attractive. Anyway.

"We can get to know are new companion over dinner." Dr. Jenner said. Everyone agreed and he showed us the way.

Everyone seem pleased that they were getting food. Me included since I can't remember the last time I ate something filling.

We all sat down and got our food. After everyone got their food all eyes were on me once again.

Well this should be interesting.

------------------------------//---------------------------------

Hi guys this is my first chapter to my first story.

I'm writing this on my phone so sorry for spelling errors.

hope you enjoy!!

please vote & comment❤❤

~Kenna