Chapter 9

Edited: 6/16/16

I woke up to a roster the next morning. Ugh I just want sleep people. I then remembered Sophia is still out there so I got my self up.

That's when I remembered yesterday.

I hope it's not awkward for Daryl and I. I got a new shirt on and put my boots on making sure I grabbed my knife and shoved it in there.

I walked out of my tent the group gave me and saw Lori and Carol hanging clothes. I heard them talking about cooking so I left. Just then Rick walked up, "Come on, let's get going." He said walking to Carol's car.

"Alright everyone, she might of gone east." Rick started till he was interrupted.

"I'd like to help." Jimmy said walking up.

"Hershel's ok with this?" Rick said eyeing him.

"Um yeah he said to ask you." I could tell Jimmy was lying but I really didn't care.

"Alright then thank you." Rick finished.

I didn't really listen to their conversation till I heard my name. "April will take the area next to Daryl's, we need to cover as much ground as we can. So your going alone but close enough were if either of you get hurt the other can hear. Got that?" Rick said pointing at the map and looking at us. We nodded.

"Yeah and maybe you'll find your chupacabra." T-dog said mockingly.

"What?" I said with a confused face.

"Chupacabra?" Rick said confused as well.

"You two haven't heard, first night at camp we're sitting around the fire and Daryl tells us about the time he went squirrel hunting and saw a chupacabra." Dale explained.

Jimmy chuckled loudly and I giggled. Daryl looked at me with a pointed look. I just put my hands up in defense.

"You believe in a blood sucking dog." Rick said clarifying. Daryl shrugged, "You believe in dead people walking." He challenged Rick. Jimmy then took the shotgun from on top of the car.

"Woah woah, you ever fired on before?" Rick asked taking the gun away.

"Well if I'm going out, I want one." Jimmy said shakily.

"Yeah well people in hell want slurpees." Daryl said walking away. I chuckled and walked with him.

Daryl went to get himself a horse while I just went into the woods. "Sophia!" I yelled walking further in. All of a sudden I heard a twig snap and the moans of a walker. I came up to me but I killed it with my knife easily.

I heard the moans again a turned around. Three walkers were behind me. I stabbed one and turned around staving another one threw the jaw. I went to kill the last one when an arrow went threw its head.

"I could of killed it." I said pulling the familiar arrow out of the walkers head. I saw Daryl ride up on his horse. He got down and I gave him his arrow back.

"I know." He said referring to my earlier statement. I sighed, "Then why didn't you let me?" I asked kinda annoyed.

"Cause it was to close for comfort." He said shrugging it off. Me on the other hand got butterfly's from this.

I hope he doesn't bring up yesterday. I really don't want to talk about it. "So uh yesterday." Really? "Did you get it before or after?" He asked messing with his bow.

"Before." I answered not really in the mood to talk about my past.

"What happened?" He asked not catching on. I feel like I should tell him, I think he would be able to understand.

"My dad, he uh, he wasn't the best. He beat my mom all the time, would say I was worthless, and would rape my sister. One day he came home drunk and got pissed about something. He grabbed a knife and came at my mom. I tried to stop him which caused him to push me back slicing my stomach open. He then stabbed my mom to death. I took my sister to the bathroom and locked us in there with a phone. I called 911 and my dad has been in prison since. My sister and I lived with my aunt till everything went to shit." I said wiping the tear that fell.

I looked up and saw Daryl staring at me. He then stood up and set his crossbow down. He looked at me and sighed. He started unbuttoning his shirt. What the hell? I looked at him with my eyebrow cocked but he shook his head. He turned around so his back was to me. He let his shirt drop letting me see his bare back.

My eyes widened at the sight. There on his back along with tattoos were scars like mine. There were also burns like someone put out a cigaret on him. I walked up to him and ran my finger over one. He tensed but then relaxed and softened. He then began his story.

"My dad wasn't the best either, he was a drunk and a pothead. My brother Merle turned out somewhat like him. He would whip us and burn us and beat us." Daryl said in a low tone. "One day Merle had enough and left. I got It worse after that. but then the world went to shit and a walker got him." He finished I the hugged him from behind. Once again he tensed but the relaxed against me.

After a few minutes I pulled off and he turned around putting his shirt back on. sadly. "look I-" he was cut off by a walker. God I hate those things. I stabbed it then went to walk back to him. Then a hand grabbed my arm and pushed me back. I heard a swoosh sound then felt the hand go limp and let go.

I felt a pair of strong arm catch me before I hit the ground. I looked up and saw those familiar light blue eyes looking at me.

"Thanks." I said almost in a whisper.

"Yeah." He said I a whisper a well.

We stood there staring at each other like idiots till he smashed his lips onto mine. I panicked for a moment because, well, this is my first kiss.

It was soft and sweet, out lips molded together like they were puzzle pieces. He pulled back and looked at me again.

"Sorry." He said letting go of me and backing up. The thing was, he was still holding me up from falling.

I fell to the ground with a thud. "Oh shit sorry." He said rushing back to me and helping me up.

"It's fine." I laughed while brushing the back of the thighs off. He then went to leave but I grabbed his hand. "Wha-" he was cut off by my lips. I felt that spark I heard you should feel when you kiss someone you truly like. It was amazing.

I pulled back and looked at him threw my eyelashes. "And you kissing me was ok to." I said in a whisper. Why do we keep whispering? He smiled at me and looked down at his shoes.

"Um April, do you wanna be my girl?" He asked nervously. I giggled at that and nodded. "I'd love to." I said smiling like an idiot.

He nodded and walked back to his horse. He got on and looked at me with a smile before ridding off. I smiled for like the thousandth time. Daryl Dixon Is my boyfriend. No I don't like boyfriend, it doesn't suit him. He's mine. there that's better.

I went on with my search for Sophia with a smile on my face.

-------------------------------//--------------------------------

YAY!!!

Their finally together!

hope you liked this chapter!!

Please vote & comment❤❤

~Kenna