Chapter 14

I stood there listening to the sobs of carol and Beth as I lowered my gun. I didn't turn around when I heard Daryl tell carol not to look, not when I heard her run away.

I didn't turn around when Beth walked pasted me up to the the pile of walkers, crying. I watched as she moved a walker off of another one. I saw the other walker reach up to grab her. I heard her scream and saw everyone run to save her.

But I stood still just watching it all. I watched Shane and Rick pull Beth back. I watch Glenn wrestle with the walker and watched Andrea put the pick axe threw its head.

I heard Shane yelling at Hershel as him and his family left. I now heard the quiet sobs of Carl.

I stood there not doing anything.

Till I was pull away by a pair of strong arm. I slowly looked up to see Daryl looking at me with worried eyes. He went to walk but when he let go of me I fell not being able to walk on my shaky legs.

He caught me and started walking toward the tents. but he walked passed mine and up to his. I snuggled into his chest as he carried me.

Once the he set me down on the cot in his tent. I sat there still not moving or saying anything. Daryl gently pushed me so I would lay down. "I'll be right back, promise" He whispered. I slowly nodded and heard him leave.

I stared at the ceiling of the tent wondering why I'm like this. maybe it's because I'm just now reacting like I was supposed to with my sister.

I still heard her screams in my ears. I still feel the scratch of her nails on my arm as she was ripped away. I could still smell her blood.

A tear left my eye. then another then another before I was sobbing uncontrollably. I curled up into a ball and cried. I missed her. I missed my Gracie.

I heard someone walk in and I quickly whipped my tears. I sat up expecting to see Daryl but saw Glenn.

"Are you ok?" He asked sitting next to me. I shook my head still not wanting to talk. "What was you're sisters name?"

I looked at him as the tears threatened to escape again. "Grace"
~
Later on I found out they were having a service for the lost loved ones. This included Hershel's wife, his stepson and Sophia.

I slowly walked over and stood by Daryl off to the side. He looked at me then back to the graves. I then felt something touch my hand. I looked down and saw Daryl's hand in my hand.

I looked up at him only to have him not look back. I smiled a genuine smile for the first time in along time. but it fell as I looked back at the graves.

Everyone started to leave so I walked away letting Daryl's hand slip from mine. I walked back to his tent to lay down once more.

After a few minutes I heard someone walk in. I turned around and saw Daryl. He awkwardly stood there shifting on his feet. "I can leave if you'd like" I stated already getting my stuff together.

He quickly grabbed my wrist to stop me. I looked at him and he shook his head and sat down. I sat down next to him and we sat in silents. It wasn't awkward it was comfortable, nice.

"You should get some sleep" He said breaking that silence. I looked over at him to see he was already looking at me. "I'm fine"

"You're exhausted" He stated looking at my tired face. "I always am"

"Well then sleep" He said getting up and moving the blankets so there was a spot for me to lay down. With blankets this time.

I slowly crawled in and he put the blankets over me. I felt him hesitate some before I felt his lips on my forehead. I smiled under the blankets as I heard him leave.

I like this Daryl better. not the one that ignored me and is mean to me. but that kiss in the stable was amazing though.

I drifted to sleep with that memory running threw my head.
~
I woke up later feeling much better. I rolled over only to hear a crinkle sound. I sat up a looked at the note next to me. I picked it up and read it.

'April-

You slept passed dinner so I made you a plate and put it in the fridge.

Update

Rick and Glenn went to find Hershel because he went missing.

And Beth went into shock.

When you wake up please come eat,

Daryl-'

My eyes widened at the note. Hershel's missing. Glenn and Rick are gone. And Beth is in shock. And we just found Sophia but not how we wanted. great fun times. note sarcasm.

When I thought about Sophia I instantly became sad.

I got out of the tent and heard a bunch of yelling. I walk over to the group and see Lori is banged up and fighting with Shane.

"Hey I had to make sure you were ok, had to keep the baby safe" Shane said looking at Lori. what the hell happened.

Everyone stood there shocked looking around. "you're having a baby?" I heard Carl yell. my eyes widened, he doesn't know. shit.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Lori stood there not able to say anything. "come on let's get you cleaned up" I said making everyone jump.

Lori nodded and we walked to the house with Andrea dale and Carl behind us.

-----------------------//-------------------------
New chapter!!!!!

Hope you liked it!!!

Please vote and comment❤❤

~Kenna